Monday, January 21, 2008

Today is the start of training

OK, I took a week off to get over the whole marathon thing, physically and mentally. Today it's time to get back on the horse, work on the training plan, and prepare for the year ahead.

My big goals for the year:
* Set a new 5K and half-marathon PR
* Do my first century (100-mile bike ride), Olympic-distance triathlon, and 1/2-Iron distance triathlon

To start off, I'm going to focus on (a) eating right and tracking my food - nutrition has not been my strong point this winter (b) swimming and biking 3x a week each and (c) running 5x a week and incorporating more speedwork.

This will be especially fun to fit in with our upcoming agility and conformation schedule. Baby Stan is going to be a busy show dog in February and March!

No comments: