Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another weekend in the books

I have no photos or video of anything that happened this weekend! You’ll just have to trust me that it was good.

It was rest week but the weekend felt anything but restful!  My boys and I did an agility trial Saturday and then again Sunday afternoon – they did quite well!  Stanley now adds an NAJ to the end of his name, getting his Novice Jumpers title. 

I did my first bike time trial this morning.  It was a new small local series but that didn’t stop the big guns from coming out.  I’m talking…women who were top 3 overall at Big Kahuna and Wildflower.  I was there to do my bike retest and that’s all I focused on, pushing myself.  It was actually a really fun experience on a neat little course.  I boosted my watts a fair bit over the last test 8 weeks ago.  And I was thrilled to be within 1 minute of basically all my guy buddies who are typically much stronger riders than me – it means I’m improving! :)

Rest week, nice and light…next up is the start of the next build with new routines (TRX) and another new experience (my first swim meet!).

Training totals for March 1-7:
Swim: 4900 yards
Bike: 20.0 miles
Run: 9.7 miles
Strength: 1/2 hour
Total time: 5.5 hours

7 comments:

San said...

Congrats to you and Stanley. Well done. Have a good new week.

Marit C-L said...

WOO HOO - time trials are super hard - way to go Molly! Take those extra watts and run with them - you earned 'em! :) NICE!

ADC said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Yay for the TT.

Maria said...

Congrats on the awesome bike test! Improvement always feels great! And congrats to Stanley on the letter addage on his name!

Unknown said...

Nice job on the TT!! They scare me, but I'm going to try to do one this summer!

Rainmaker said...

Very nice - a time trial! That's on the list of potentially fun things to do...just gotta find one.

ShirleyPerly said...

Yep, there are always some superstars who come out for the local bike time trials in Orlando. The really cool thing is that the fastest ones are all over 50, which gives me hope. Way to go on your improvement!!