Sunday, September 28, 2008

Breaking the silence...

Every time I thought about blogging this week, I thought nothing exciting enough was happening to bother. But now that I think about it, I've been pretty busy:


I took Fiona out for her maiden voyage on Thursday, for a short ride, and was very happy with how she felt. We went out today for a longer ride and I'm getting better at changing gears and generally figuring out how to ride a new bike.


Stanley and I went herding again on Friday. My chin was split open from an enthusiastic greeting by a dog at Herding 4 Ewe (and while I feel quite disfigured, it is healing nicely and just looks like a big cut down my chin).


Hockey season is here! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! We went to Sharks pre-season games Friday and Saturday nights. The season opener is October 9th.

I ran a trail 10K on Saturday. The folks at Pacific Coast Trail Runs put on many lovely small trail races and I could see why they are so popular. I was not planning to run all out but to use this as a training run - that said, I still came within 2 minutes of my (flat course, 3-year-old) 10K PR. I came in 6th out of 22 in my age group!

My running is going to pick up this week, as I start training for the Las Vegas half marathon. Last year I nearly ran this race in an Elvis costume and chickened out at the last minute. This year I'm hoping for a new PR and will be enjoying Vegas with several of the ladies of Smofit.* It's also my last week of pre-masters swim and then I have to get out of the kiddie pool and swim with the big girls in masters.

*super-secret fitness message board that some friends and I frequent

3 comments:

SWTrigal said...

I LOVE the Vegas marathon. Sounds like the new bike will be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Glad the new bike is working out for you :D

Great job on the trail run!!

The LV half marathon will be a blast...always thought that sounded like a fun one for sure!

Melissa said...

Yeah for new bikes! It's so exciting!

Way to go in your 10k, that's great! Las Vegas sounds like so much fun, I'm jealous and I think you should run it as Elvis AND get a PR. The cape will make you go even faster ;-)