Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another Whirlwind Weekend

I got the video for Stanley’s first Rally Advanced leg from a few weeks ago.  You can see how he was a bit distracted in the very loud indoor ring but then pulled it together nicely for the 2nd half.

On Saturday, in addition to my training that was on the schedule, Stanley and I made a quick trip up to Petaluma for another rally trial.  Everyone entered from our little rally practice group qualified, and the four of us entered in Advanced A not only owned all the placements but all got the same score so placements were determined by time.  Stanley was the fastest and scored a 1st place for his 2nd leg!  Now I will hold off trialing him in rally until the National, in the hopes he can finish his title there.

004

Today we were out the door by 5:30 am to drive to Santa Cruz and cheer for friends doing the Big Kahuna (1/2 IM) Triathlon. 

Jeff with my brother before the start
001

My brother finishing up his 4th 1/2 IM
028

Recovery beers for my training buddy Nigel, who completed his 1st 1/2 IM
031

We also squeezed in a 3 hour bike/30 minute run on the course while cheering!  Suffice it to say, I’m feeling pretty trashed and looking forward to a good night’s sleep.

Long bike ride on the Santa Cruz coast – wind and hills guaranteed
Fullscreen capture 9122010 54853 PM.bmp

Sleep. Now.

No comments: