Monday, October 13, 2008

Man - Iron and Not

Two completely different streams of thought today....

Ironman

I can't believe I didn't mention Ironman in yesterday's comments. I watched online and tracked atheletes obsessively all day Saturday, even while at the Sharks game. I read blogs on it all week, I Facebooked about it relentlessly, I sent good luck emails and congratulations emails.

What an amazing day for so many people. The two pro champions ran fantastic races and looked so strong. I watched their finish videos yesterday and teared up seeing how emotional they were. Craig Alexander always seems like such a classy guy. And Chrissie Wellington - to lose 10 minutes fixing a flat on the bike and still beat the 2nd place finisher by 15 minutes? Unreal.

I read Liz's account of her husband's race and frighteningly it just made me want to do this even more. I did warn Jeff that he'd better take his sherpa responsibilities seriously next year though and sent this to him to read.

Speaking of Jeff....

My Other Iron Man

I wound up giggling hysterically today when talking with Jeff as he went to take a nap. Stanley and Max spend every afternoon anxiously waiting for Jeff to stand up from his desk and head to the front bedroom for a nap. Literally the instant he gets up, they bolt to the door. When he opens the door, they both rush ahead to beat him onto the bed.

I teased him about how far his life has fallen in six years...from living a nice quiet single existance to being married with a house full of wild canines.

He said, "Yes, I know. I used to be able to walk in this room anytime and take a nap in peace and quiet...without anyone growling at me [at which point Stan, curled up at his feet, lets out a deep growl in his sleep and changes positions] or licking their balls next to my head [at which point Max, curled up on his shoulder, lifts a leg up and sticks his nose in] or sitting on me [he looked at me here]." I should point out he also has to listen to Cujo snore at top volume.

Yup, I'm feeling really bad for him right now. Rough life and all. Too much love :)

3 comments:

Alili said...

HAHAHAHA, classic. :)

Marit C-L said...

Nice! Yeah - when I read Liz's account of Chris's race, all I could think about was doing the race. I swear that the IM bug is contagious! As for the spouse + animals in the house - same thing for me and Nate. Now we've got two kitties and he claims to hate them both. I'm not fooled, though. :)

SWTrigal said...

You are so hooked! Welcome to the cult..