Saturday, December 19, 2009

Aloha!

It’s been quiet on the blog front as I’m too busy enjoying our long delayed honeymoon on Maui.  But for your viewing pleasure, a few photos from the trip so far!

The view from our hotel

011

I went for a quick swim in that water and was somewhat astounded to discover the rock I was standing on was actually the back of a large sea turtle.  Really.

012

The hotel brought us a bottle of champagne.  I should not have had it in addition to my mai tais.  Thank heavens for ibuprofin and greasy food.

016

The banyan trees in Lahaina are all done up for Christmas.

017

My favorite part of the drive to Hana are the many roadside waterfalls.

039

040

Some of them are even swimmable!

044

It was raining and cool on the Hana side of the island and the water was VERY cold.

While that didn’t stop Jeff…

050

it did stop me!

051

Beautiful Hana

053

055

My favorite part of Hana: the Maui cows!

075

076

We decided to take a trip down the rabbit hole

057

058

and into a very large, very dark lava tube!

061

063

071

Melted chocolate lava flow!

072

That’s all for now!

6 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Hey if you get a chance while you're there, have dinner at the Haili Maili Cafe... Just before Makawao. Or Mamas Fish House in Paia... Both are FABULOUS. :)

heather said...

I'm jealous about the sea turtle. Very cool.

Maria said...

LOL, you didn't hurt the turtle, did you?!? Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!

Trishie said...

beautiful photos ! looks like you had a fantastic trip :) thank you so much for the card - I love it !

Wes said...

I found the waters of Hawaii titillating, whether it was the beach or the waterfalls. I'm used to the warmth of the Gulf of Mexico! Brrrrr!!

D said...

Oh man. Exploring lava tubes is the best! I've been in the Ape Cave (at Mt. St. Helen's) several times and it never gets uninteresting. Ok, so obviously I'm enamored with geology haha.