Thursday, May 27, 2010

And away we go!

The weather still sucks. I’m hoping June decides to act like June since May is clearly a rebellious wench. It’s raining out. Again.

But *lalalalalalalala* I don’t care because tomorrow morning I fly away to the land of 80+ degrees! The weekend of Camp Go CHICAgo, our all-women’s tri camp, is finally here. I’ll be rooming with Kona finisher Kristi and trying to keep up with the herd of strong fast women. I’m looking forward to working with Jen Harrison again and seeing my coach for the first time since camp last year! At the end of the holiday weekend, we’ll be racing a local 5K. I have a sneaking suspicion that after several days of hard training, I won’t be “racing” anything but more likely going for a 3.1 mile recovery run before I hop a plane home (it’s been 15 months but I remember very well what my legs felt like on the last day of camp!).

I thought I was leaving the packing till the last minute, consumed as I was with work emergencies all week. And then last night I went to pack my bike and ended up getting everything else packed as well. Bike packing has gotten easier, though I still need to ask Jeff to provide some muscle for a few pieces of disassembly. As always, I hope it survives the trip safely and in as many parts as I left it!

Assuming I’m not so exhausted that I’m passed out at the dinner table drooling into my lap each night, I will try to update the blog during camp! I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend!

8 comments:

San said...

Tri-Camp sounds great. Have fun and tell us what you learn.

No pressure on the blogging.

Cheers.

Beth said...

Woo-hoo - have a blast Molly!! :)

beardies3 said...

Go Molly! Have a wonderful weekend getting faster, stronger, better! Eat hearty! Enjoy.

Tasha the Triathlon Goddess said...

Oops, you're right, sorry! I mean about our meeting, and my forgetting. Hey, I'm still blaming the brain injury for my total and utter cluelessness. And Tamoxibrain. Does that work?

Have fun at your Tri-camp..sounds like a blast! Keep us posted.... ;-)

Jennifer Harrison said...

WOO! See you soon! The weather here is nothing short of spectacular - which for may, is a MIRACLE for us.

:)

Kim said...

ohhh have a blast with jen and elf and everyone else! cant wait to hear all about it.

ADC said...

Good luck and have fun. And I am looking forward to camp updates.

Wes said...

have fun! Safe travels! :-)