Sunday, July 4, 2010

Are They Tired Yet?

Another whirlwind day of “relaxing” is in the books.  It started for me at 6:30am on the fire trail at Big River State Park watching the sun rise and doing 5K pace repeats to prep for next weekend’s race.  More or less the entire run looked like this (I was too busy kicking my own ass to carry a camera today).  I was tired after that.

1609

After stuffing my face at the inn’s bountiful breakfast buffet…

and showering the trail off my body, we took the boys to Fort Bragg just up the highway to walk around the downtown area. 

006

Nearly TWO THOUSAND YEAR OLD tree, cut down in the 1940s.

007

Why can’t compression socks come in all these cool prints?

005

For whatever bizarre reason, Cujo pooped repeatedly on this walk.  Usually I am the one with two dogs juggling multiple pick-ups so it was hilarious to watch Jeff’s expression grow more and more incredulous with each one (and Cujo always timed it to right in front of an open shop door).  When the last one came, I was doubled over laughing in front of a coffee shop watching a stunned Jeff pick up after his dog AGAIN.

Because some of us weren’t tired enough *sob* the next stop was our inn’s private off-leash beach.  The very same beach where we got married!

Stanley immediately ran down to the water and flopped into it

016

022

024

025

The beach is essentially split by a peninsula that juts out (and is underwater at high tide) to meet an island in the middle of the small bay.  There is a narrow steep trail that leads up onto the island to view the entire scene.  For whatever reason Cujo decided he wanted to get on the trail but couldn’t quite find his way.  He tested routes all around the island in an effort to get up there.

045

046

053

Finally he was successful in reaching the top.  And the first thing he did?  Pooped.  Again.  And then headed right back down.

055

I struggled to stop laughing long enough to take a picture.

058

Oh hi ho, I fetched the stick!

064

No, you didn’t, I taked it from you.

066

Mine all mine all mine!

079

We bathed all three dogs before bringing them back to our cottage (yes, *I* am tired now!!!!) and putting them out on the deck in crates to dry.  I had worked up an appetite for sure.

Lunch with a view

086

085

Not too long after lunch was over, the boys were dry again and thankfully not looking for more activity.

092

093

The rest of the afternoon was spent simply relaxing.  The humans NEEDED this after all the work it took to tire the dogs out!

095

096

The day ended after sunset in the ocean view hot tub – it’s exhausting trying to exhaust the dogs!

103

8 comments:

Wes said...

LOL... Your dogs are so funny. Never a dull moment in your household!

San said...

Hilarious post. Ahhh, Cujo is the best. (Sorry, Max and Stan are funny too, but Cujo always cracks me up.)

Enjoy your 4th of July.

Melissa said...

Sounds like a really nice day! Man, you have to work hard to tire out the pups.

beardies3 said...

Happy 4th!

beardies3 said...

Happy 4th Holiday!

Maria said...

What a great place and a busy day! I love the dog pictures, they are awesome!

heather said...

Looks like they are having a blast! It is great that the inn welcomes pets.

Maggs said...

I saw a 10 year old with knee socks that were bedazzled. I think I'm going to do that to a pair of my compression socks.