Friday, July 9, 2010

Bearded Collie Club of Southern California Regional Specialty

I made a spur of the moment decision a few weeks ago to make a 1-day trip to Ventura for the Southern Cal club’s regional show.  And I managed to talk my friend Shannon into going as well!

We headed out Wednesday at noon – two humans, three beardies, two grooming tables, FIVE crates (car crates, show crates, etc), and more grooming supplies than dogs than for ourselves.  The boys are all wonderful travelers who slept the entire 5-hour drive.  Beckham, Stanley and Max settled right into the hotel room quite humpily…I mean, happily.

DSC01391

DSC01392

We had a seafood dinner on the water with old friends and new ones!

006

Shannon and I both behaved and drank only water – we needed the best night’s sleep possible with the day ahead.

007

Thursday started bright and early with dragging all our gear out to the show site and setting up for the day.  Stanley and I had a date with the rally obedience ring at 8:50am.

DSC01396

DSC01398

DSC01402

Baby dog found his brain!  It was good enough for a score of 95, a 1st place and his Rally Novice title!

DSC01404

Good boy, Stanley!

IMG00142

Shannon’s gorgeous Beckham won the Puppy Sweepstakes, a huge honor under a respected breeder judge.  I was so happy for her!

042

I finished the day showing Stanley in Breed.  NOT a breeder-judge this time and I’m no pro handler with a recognizable face.  I was quite happy with how Stanley showed though, so no complaints.

stanring1

stanring2

stanring3

And then we loaded the car and drove the 5 hours home!  It was a whirlwind trip but we had fun, got to hang out with friends, and learned quite a bit.

3 comments:

San said...

Congrats to Stanley for finding his brain.

Glad you had such a fun time.

Enjoy your weekend

heather said...

Good job Stanley!

Wes said...

Great job all around. That whole finding his brain things was too funny :-)