Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Southern California Collie Club Trial

My boys had quite a good time at the trial in Camarillo last weekend (we stayed in Ventura since it was closer to the beach/fun). 

Max got 1st places in all of his runs and finished his NJP title.  Sadly it looks like he hurt his neck again and I won’t put him through the pain of dealing with it again so I think this is the end of his agility career.  However, he went out with a bang with a happy sweet perfect run as he finished yet another title after a long and successful agility career.

Stanley had some great runs and some crazy runs.  Apparently spending all day in 90 degree heat does not diminish his enthusiasm one bit!  This was a very nice Excellent Jumpers run he did, with just the weave pole bobble to prevent us from qualifying, but I’m pleased I ran him without holding back.  He’s young and still learning but he’s getting there!

8 comments:

Elayne said...

So sorry Max is at the end of his career but he looks great out there for his last run, always better to go out with them looking happy.

Stanley looks pretty happy too, certainly not short on enthusiasm.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I'm so impressed! Your dogs are super-talented and obviously love this stuff... poor Max! He'll have to find a new hobby. Good thing you're a triathlete, you definitely get a workout in these agility trials!

Maggs said...

great videos. Sorry max is injured. Hope he feels better soon.

Unknown said...

how cool is that. I did not realize just how talented your pups were. Congrats!

Unknown said...

p.s.
sorry about poor max.
:(

Jennifer said...

No wonder you are in such good shape! I love the videos, hearing them bark as they run along is super. Hope Max feels better.

D said...

Awesome runs!! I'm so glad you have Max's on video! I hope he's feeling better soon.

Way to push Stan! He looked great!

Sherry said...

Loved the videos! Your pups are so talented! So sorry to learn about Max. Poor fluffy guy, although I'm quite sure that you will find safe, substitute ways for him to release all of that bouncy energy!