Saturday, March 10, 2012

Getting the work done

I don't have anything too exciting to report with respect to training.  I'm just trying to get the work done, one day at a time.  Swimming continues to feel new and exciting as my stroke changes bit by bit.  I have some sort of a *thing* about swimming in evenings (I hate it) but I show up for my weekly lesson and always come home happy and energized.  I was able to translate that into a really good swim at masters late this week where I just plugged away at the workout without the negative thoughts that usually enter my head during a swim.  It didn't hurt that I got to play with my new Garmin 910XT in the pool twice this week either!

This is my new favorite recovery/anytime drink.  Best coconut water I've tried and it tastes exactly like sticking a straw in a fresh coconut (which I've also been doing lately but it's a bit messier).

I've worn out most of the SwimOutlet suits I bought for training last year, so when I heard Splish was having a sale earlier this week, I took advantage!  If nothing else, I can continue to amuse my swim coaches and the lifeguards at the lap swim pool.

The first race of the year is tomorrow morning!  My bag and bike are packed up and everything laid out.  The hard part will be going to bed extra early and waking up extra early due to the time change overnight.  My main goals are just to remember how to blaze through transition quickly and to go hard, right on through the finish line.  Another lesson in suffering, if I'm doing it right.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

heather said...

Love the prisioner one

Jennifer said...

Hmm... your last line sounds familiar... Oh yes, Liz's email to me today about my 5k (test) tomorrow: "Remember, if it hurts YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT." Ha. Have an awesome race tomorrow! I did that one last year.

San said...

Good luck for your race. You'll rock it. And lovely new swimsuits. How can you wear out swimsuits? I've never done so, I've only outgrown them.

Good news on my side of the big pool too. I've just bought a new and fitting pair of swim goggles and in about 2 hours I will have my first swim training /lesson since 4 grade. A friend of mine will teach me proper breast-, freestyle- and backstroke, turns, and maybe even dolphin and butterfly. No, not all today. ;-) I'm really excited and a bit scared.

Steve said...

Good Luck on your race. :)

Christi said...

Good luck today!

kT said...

Look forward to the race report! Awesome suits, too.

The Original MAJ said...

Love the suits. I have a thing for crazy caps!!!!

Bobbie said...

I'm waiting for Splish to come out with a suit with Dori (from Finding Nemo) that says "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming".

Trust me, this is funny if you know every line from Finding Nemo by heart :)