Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One Day

One Day. That's how long I lasted without exercising.

Usually after a half-marathon or a marathon or another big race...I don't want to even THINK about working out for at least a week. I assumed with Vineman being my big race of the summer that I'd enjoy taking the following month off as the dogs and I would be gallivanting around the North American continent. I assumed wrong.

I got through Monday but that's my usual rest day. On Tuesday the itch started. I ran 3 miles and swam 1000 yards. Today Jeff and I went for a bike ride. He's got the Shasta Summit century in a week and a half and needs hill training, I just wanted to stretch my legs. While he took off to speed-climb Hicks Road from the Shannon side, I pedaled along the same road at a slower pace as my legs felt sluggish to start. But as I went along I realized I felt great! It turns out that I only did about 1/2 mile less than Jeff up the hill. We're going for a swim tonight too.

So...I give in. I admit it. I'm hooked. Call it endorphin addiction or whatever. This is my life now! The bike and the running shoes are going to Canada with me. I'm not sure how safe it is to swim in the open water off Vancouver Island so maybe the wetsuit will stay home.

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

Yep..you are..one of us..in the cult..