Sunday, September 14, 2008

A weekend of backpacking in the Sierras


All packed up and ready to hit the trail. Hmm, my pack is leaning a bit - no wonder one side hurt at the end of the day.

Stan is raring to go!

At a rest stop. Now Jeff's pack is leaning too!

Hurry up!

Wet dogs, happy to have arrived at our destination.

Stan is happy to join me for an open water swim

And then it is naptime

Cuddling Jeff

Hummus is not for dogs, Stan

Max is never far away!

Stan even naps IN the lake

Both my boys lakeside

A rare awake moment for Cujo





Hiking out and headed home

6 comments:

Andra Sue said...

Love that picture of the giant lump of gray fur on the rock! Awwwwww. :)

Looks like you had a great weekend!

Larissa said...

Looks like you all had a blast! and a perfect weekend...where did you go?

Molly said...

It was Tahoe National Forest along the Crooked Lakes trail!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous place! Those dogs are just too adorable - my favorite pic is the nap in the water :)

SWTrigal said...

That just looks like plain fun and peaceful..beautiful pics!

Tea said...

doggies by the lake is my favorite picture! THey are so cute! I just wanna hug'um!