Saturday, August 1, 2009

PR!

Longer race report upcoming.  Maybe tomorrow if I come out of this daze by then.  But the big news was…

I got a 19-minute-and-some-fraction 1/2 IM PR today!  I beat last year’s swim time on this course by 10 minutes!  Definitely the best feeling of the day.  And then I ran a sub-2 hour half marathon!   My run hurt throughout.  I was starting to think the Aquabikers had the right idea.

But I’ll share some photos tonight…

Nigel and Dad, ready to go and THRILLED they don’t have to run today (they were doing the 1/2 IM Aquabike)

2009_August1 002

Chris with her gnome, me, and Justine – let’s get it on!

2009_August1 005

My finish as captured by super spectathlete Christina – I’m stunned I still had the energy at that point to get my feet off the ground that high

ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_BIG_UserID_63048_Image_number_F1CDD62EF1

Chris finishing her 2nd 1/2 IM!

2009_August1 007

After a very long drive home (well over 3 hours with traffic, including my dad ferrying me out to my car at the start), I had dinner with the family and suggested an ice bath would really help the soreness in my dad’s legs.

The kids LOVED this idea and my mom had to document Dad’s First Ice Bath.

P1010006

P1010010

P1010011

More tomorrow – it’s time for my own ice bath, beer and shower.

11 comments:

Tea said...

Are you kidding me?!?!?! a 10 minute swim pr and a sub 2 hour half marathon? HOLY COW!! Congratulations!!!

D said...

stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!

ADC said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!!! Well done, so excited for you. I am loving the photos of your dad in an ice bath.

Unknown said...

Nice!!! Congrats...I can't wait for the full RR.

Missy said...

Nice job! Hope you're still living on that high today! That is such a great course. So pretty. Love the pics of dad, good stuff.

Sarah K said...

Yeah!!! Awesome race girlie! Can't wait for the full RR. I love the photos of the ice bath -- hilarious.

Clarese said...

Congratulations, Molly! You are amazing. I love your family shots :)

Meredith said...

I knew that swim time looked good. Awesome job and I love the photos of your Dad in the ice bath!

Rainmaker said...

Dang, huge congrats!

Stef0115 said...

Awesome recap and pics Molly!

Sherry said...

Sooooo happy for you! Woo-hoo! Loved the quick race recap and can't wait for the loooonger one! :o)

Hope you are recovering well today. Your dad's face in that ice bath photo... well, you ought ablow that one up and frame it for him. Too funny!

Congrats again, Molly!