Friday, October 2, 2009

Sunshine and Puppies

While I frequently joke that Ironman training can’t always be sunshine and puppies, today was just that.

But first…

CONFESSION TIME:

I skipped my ice bath after Tuesday’s 18 mile run.

As a result, I have had incredibly sore legs all week.  Bad, BAD girl!

Anyway.  Today Stanley and Max and I drove to Santa Rosa to see their sisters (Stanley’s sister Beatrix and Max’s sister Maude) and Maude’s litter of 5-week-old puppies.

We hit the road with a well-stocked cup of Jamba Juice Coldbuster (NOT. GETTING. SICK.).

001

The adult dogs were THRILLED to see each other.  Hint: there are 4 dogs in this photo.

Oh hai! I missed you!

002

And I wonder where Stanley got his goofball traits from?

039

Too bad the puppies were so shy. *snerk*

060

Bean is the brown boy in the litter.  What a guy!

029

They sit very pretty for cookies!

046

They loooove to eat

051

And sometimes fingers and toes count as food too

078

019

Puppies trying to run are the best

085

086

All that playing is hard work though and soon it’s time to sleep again

108

110

I tried to get a little video of the babies as well.

We love our grownup dogs too! 

From left to right: Beatrix (Stan’s sister), Maude (Stan & Bea’s mother), Max (half-brother to Maude), and Stanley.

105

11 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Oh my! Soooooo cute!

Missy said...

What a great looking bunch of dogs. I'm glad you told me there were four in that picture because I just saw hair! Puppies, gotta love some puppy breath.

Maria said...

yes!! i have been waiting for the puppy post! they are soo cute (but you already knew that). thank you so much for sharing!
hope your legs feel better.

SWTrigal said...

Durn it. Those pics of those cutest dogs ever sure make me want another one...I am fighting the urge with all my might!

TriGirl Kate O said...

Oh so adorable. Love the puppies! While in Sta Rosa you should've stopped in to say hello to my in laws. Next time...

Clarese said...

That is the cutest video. They are adorable!

Is Stanley as much bigger than Max as he looks?

lynn yarmey said...

hmmmm, i can't tell at ALL who your favorite is...not even a little bit! :) might there be a little red boy in your future???

ps. as high-energy as puppy time is, i dont think it counts in your training stats for the week.... well, or maybe it should?!

thanks for pictures! apparently stan's coat has never stopped 'filling in'? he makes the in-laws look downright thin next to that monster fuzz!! :) (more power to ya stan!)

yay for puppies!!!!! :)

Wes said...

I loved it when we had two litters in the house at one time. 17 dogs!! They were always so cute...

Kevin said...

They are such cute puppies

ShirleyPerly said...

Those puppies are adorable! So cool that Stanley & Max got to see their siblings.

Runner Leana said...

Aw, the babies and the grown ups are all so cute!