* I left my ART treatment today without a follow-up appointment. Apparently nothing says “your leg is fine” like running 18 miles without pain.
* The deep cleaning of the house went about as well as expected. After spending 90 minutes on the master bath, the cleaning ladies called for reinforcements. I turned around from my computer and suddenly there were more of them at work. Yes, I’m sorry, yes, it’s dirty, yes, regular maintenance would be better, yes, why don’t you try living with 3 hairy active dogs and training for Ironman, here’s a $50 tip, please come back again, PLEASE!
* I am not getting sick. I am NOT getting sick. I am just jetlagged and sleep deprived and tired from my long run. I AM NOT getting sick. Not not NOT! NO. SICK. HERE.!!!
* 7.5 weeks until Ironman! It’s short and long all at the same time. I am confident there is a lot of training time left to get stronger and yet it seems soon enough that I’m getting excited and thinking of all my wonderful friends and family who are coming and what fun we will have and how I’m going to sleep through the entire fluffy relaxing NON-DEEP TISSUE massage I am scheduling for the day after and wondering if I will last even 1 second on the mechanical bull the night after IM, especially if I drink a celebratory mai tai. It’ll be here before I know it!
* The first deep tissue massage after IM is going to hurt. A lot.
* Hockey season starts tomorrow. Sharks at Avalanche. I don’t know if we will be able to watch the game though. If you haven’t heard, DirecTV and Comcast (who owns Versus) are in a little war about showing Versus and the first game of the season is being aired on, you guessed it, Versus. I need to find a friend with Comcast in a hurry.
* Stanley got a promotion. He’s moving up from the Advanced agility class to the Competition class, the same level Max has been training at for years. It’s a good thing, it means Stan is ready for tougher challenges. But it also means we go back to being the baby dog in the class, biffing up the hard courses while looking like morons, for a while.
* Getting very sleepy now. I think it’s time to get back to 9pm bedtimes for a few weeks.