Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In Review

With taper underway, it's really just about getting the workouts done, keeping my body active and doing everything I can to encourage deep rest and recovery.  In the meantime, I'm reviewing my logs in TrainingPeaks, as the work I've put in should give me confidence that I'm fully prepared for race day.  So far this year, I've swum over 135 miles, biked over 2400 miles, and run nearly 600 miles - that's a LOT of time in the pool/saddle/roads.

The past 5 weeks constituted my biggest block of Ironman-specific training - 3 build weeks, a recovery week and then peak week - so I've looked at those the most.  In just those 5 weeks between July 2nd and August 5th, I swam 45,182 yards, biked 671.8 and ran 113.7!  Not huge numbers compared to some people but the strongest block of training I've put in for Ironman ever.  I like to think of it as a nice sensible amount that got me to this point uninjured and happy!

The miles for the weeks. That 3rd week left me utterly trashed and yet I was feeling good for week 5, so I know we pushed my limits just right.

The hours I put in training. My first 22 hour week (and just before it, my first 20 hour week)!


Looking at my key workouts, I know I've done the big work.  Now it's just about putting in the time to recover properly so that I'm ready to race in 2.5 weeks!  Eeeeeek! :)

15% off a TrainingPeaks premium account - just use code TPA14!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Congratulations! You have made huge accomplishments this year and all of your hard work is going to pay off in 2 weeks!

donna said...

Those numbers should give you heaps of confidence going into the race. Taper time! Love it.