Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Penticton or Bust

At 6am on Sunday morning, we hit the road for Canada!  We arrived Tuesday late morning...here are a few stops and sights along the way.

Nigel and I put our game faces on, in the dark, in my driveway at 6am

Mount Shasta area

Back side of Shasta

Burning off some steam in a beautiful dogpark in Bend, Oregon


Another important highlight in the trip to Bend

Sunset in Yakima, Washington

10pm and Max is finally getting dinner in the motel. "Don't bother me, I'm eating."

Canyons and lakes in Washington


Canadian border

They let us in!

A pretty lake on the drive in to Penticton

Okanagan Lake - the swim course

Proof we made it: The Peach!  The swim start/finish are right behind this and transition right nearby

I'm pretty tired after 3 days of road tripping, travel food, etc.  Hoping to settle in and just relax and enjoy our BEAUTIFUL house right near the lake/downtown/IM village for the next few days.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful pics! And, of course, I couldn't help but notice your husband's ASU shirt. I didn't even know we had a rugby team! We'll be cheering for you on Sunday!

Jessica said...

Beautiful pics. And, I couldn't help but notice your husband's ASU shirt. I didn't even know we had a rugby team! We'll be cheering for you on Sunday!

Maggs said...

How many times did you have to stop to let the dogs pee? Good luck this weekend...I'll be without internet so I can't track you, but I'll be thinking speedy thoughts for ya!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE pics!! Good luck & I'll be "watching" {creepy eh?} :)

Unknown said...

YAY!! Have a great race!

GoBigGreen said...

Good luck Molly!! I hope you have a great day!

Meredith said...

Love the pic in front of the BC sign. Rest up and enjoy the scenery!

Katie said...

Hahaha, I love the caption of Max eating. Sending good tough strong fierce thoughts your way!

Erin said...

I love the "they let us in" comment! Welcome to my home province! Good luck in IMC!