Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rolling With My Gnomies

The morning started with a call from my father, expressing doubt if he’d be able to race this weekend because his office was underwater.  Literally, a water main up the hill broke and flooded the building.  Luckily by the time I got over there to see if I could help, the “disaster recovery” folks already had most of the water vacuumed out of the building and things were drying nicely.  No major damage to the test equipment was sustained and they’d all be back to business as usual on Monday.

I spent most of my rest day being a lazy slug, surfing the internet and occasionally working, with my feet up.  I did however catch up on a chore that I’ve been behind on – dog grooming.  Max and Stan got extensive brushouts so I would be leaving behind neat and clean dogs.  Poor Max had some gum caught in one paw pad that I can to chop out!

2009_July30 004

I’m essentially packed, other than some sports drink prep that needs to be done in the morning (T2 items have to be dropped off tomorrow).  Most importantly, our Smofit mascot “Giant Garden Gnome” is ready to go as well.  I don’t know about giant but he’ll be hard to miss on course.

2009_July30

I’ll try to update again tomorrow night when we’re settled in the hotel and done with the expo, check-in, athletes meetings, etc.  Today I am feeling eager to just GET. IT. ON. already.  I must be tapered and rested, I’m full of jumping beans and ready to go!

12 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Good Luck this weekend!!! I know you'll do A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!

beardies3 said...

Best of luck on Sat to you and your Dad. I know the two of you are both ready to rock the course!

D said...

I think you'll appreciate this comment (whereas some others would think it's mean)... My FAVORITE dog to walk right now is Molly. She's so the best. The most well trained girl out there, with some serious aggression - this will be YOU on the weekend! GO MOLLY!

ShirleyPerly said...

Best of luck, Molly! I'm sure you will do great after all you went through in Idaho.

TriGirl Kate O said...

HOORAY for game time! Call me if you need to chat on the way up.

Stef0115 said...

Good luck Molly! I don't think you will need much luck you are READY!

Best to your dad too!

:)

Charisa said...

Good luck - have fun!!

Marit C-L said...

I'm SO EXCITED for you!!!!!! You'll do great - have a BLAST! GO GO GO -I'll be cheering from the computer... :)

Molly said...

As another Molly and triathlete, I have to say... I'm loving your gnome! I have a friend racing tomorrow as well, so I hope you both have a wonderful race!

Runner Leana said...

Have a fantastic race!! Go Molly go!!!!!! I hope your dad has a terrific race too!

Trishie said...

good luck this weekend ! I snorted when I read the title of your blog (and totally had a Clueless flashback). looking forward to reading your race report !

Clarese said...

Have a great race, Molly! I'll be tracking you between studying :)