I got tagged by Maria to post 10 honest things, so here goes, I’ll try to incorporate it into my week’s wrapup.
1) I’m not squeamish about lizards. This guy has been making appearances around our house for a few months. He must be eating well as he’s nearly 12 inches long.
2) Running gives me such a high, it’s amazing. I finished up my little training week with a reasonably hard run that involved a series of intervals at 10K pace. I had to laugh at my own swagger when I was done, I just felt so good!
3) I’m pretty well in love with the 1 week old babies – they’re growing so fast! There should be individual 1 week photos of them posted sometime soon here.
4) Their sire does a number on me too. Who can resist those eyes? Can you believe those little goobers grow up into big goobers like this?
5) It’s always interesting to see what happens to old classmates. I stumbled upon my ultimate junior high bully on Facebook. Yeah, not so impressed with how he’s turned out. And I was just informed that Paris Hilton’s newest squeeze, a fashion model she used to date, was a college classmate of mine at the University of Chicago. Gee, I guess I *really* wasn’t paying attention in the dining hall.
6) Everyone I know is dropping like flies – I know it’s a function of our age group but it seems like everyone everywhere around me is pregnant. It sort of makes me wonder how one survives their 30s and finds friends to do things with if you don’t have kids…while I know we’ll still be friends, I also know that priorities and availability DO change. I’m happy for everyone, don’t get me wrong, but it just feels like it’s achieved critical mass lately. Talking to Jeff about how he got through it is no help – his friends were all guys who just leave the kids at home with mom and go out for a beer. I suppose time will tell.
7) I have a total hockey hangover today. No, I didn’t drink but the Sharks have played some real heart attack hockey in the 1st round and the Avalanche gave them a serious challenge. The series was clinched in Colorado last night and now we wait and wait and wait to see what happens in the 2nd round. Kudos to the Avs for a series well played!
8) I am more grateful to Jeff, for supporting me as I completely changed my life, than he possibly ever realizes. And to Max for introducing us in the first place. And even to that big drooly lug Cujo for sharing in the blame.
9) I don’t have a very high opinion of most reality TV. Blame the U of C elitist in me but…it’s such trash.
10) While I don’t post them, I set ambitious race goals for myself. Sometimes I achieve them, sometimes I don’t. As long as I did my best, that’s OK. But just in case you ever wonder if I am just winging it versus aiming for a certain number…oh yeah, I am.
Training totals for April 19-25:
Swim: 7350 yards
Bike: 64.3 miles
Run: 17.5 miles
Strength: 30 mins of TRX
Total time: 10.5 hours
Exactly 2 weeks till Rev3 race day!