Thursday, April 15, 2010

I have…

I have…pretty new tri shoes for my bike.  But I won’t get to wear them to race this weekend – Speedplay’s staff is off playing at Sea Otter and not fulfilling orders for my bike shop this week so cleats for my new shoes will wait.  It’s OK, now I get time to practice wearing them before Rev3.

I have…algae in my sinuses.  Not really.  I hope.  But I swam at Quarry Lakes yesterday and the water has apparently been a welcoming environment for green growth.  I spent the whole half hour watching green globs float past my face.  It made me feel like I was going fast LOL

I have…a crapload of work to get done before Rev3.  My first draft of a big regulatory filing have to be completed by the end of next week with the final done by the week of the race.  Busy little bee, I am! 

I have…one seriously full schedule for this weekend.  2 playoff hockey games (1 home, 1 away), 2 races (1 as a spectator, 1 as a participant), and a dog show.  Do you ever look forward to Mondays as being more restful than your weekend?

I have…one more event to look forward to this weekend.  Six hopefully bouncy and healthy Stanley-Leezza puppies (American/Canadian CH Highlander He Shoots He Scores HT NA NAJ PJ1 x CH Burlesque The Diplomat) are due to be born in the next few days!  I firmly believe this stuff is not to be undertaken lightly, with the showing and titling and health testing and temperament evaluation.  In addition, I’ve always felt it was very important for me to put titles “on both ends of the dog” – i.e. not just show my dogs in conformation but prove they are biddable, smart and can work in multiple venues (agility, herding, obedience, etc).  With that said, I’m very excited for Pat Colombo of Burlesque Bearded Collies and wish I lived closer to Ohio so I could be there to evaluate Stanley’s kiddos.

The Baby Daddy when he was a baby, already sleeping on his back

2007_Mar17 015

9 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Make sure to get me some info so I can find you in Knoxville! Gotta have another blogger meet-up!!

Jen said...

I love your new blog header! Well, not sure how new it is because I haven't stopped by in a while (stopped really blogging in oct!) love all the pics though!
The green globs are too funny! Ew!

Maggs said...

Yay for puppies.

San said...

Oh, puppies!!! So cute.

Have a successfull and enjoyable weekend, hopefully without too much stress.

Cheers,
San

Jennifer said...

Good luck this weekend! With everything especially the race. I look forward to seeing pics of the babes when they are born. Gotta love those puppies!

Maria said...

P.S. Thanks for the Infinit advice!

Maria said...

You better be posting pictures of the new puppies!!
What a cute picture of Stanley!
Have fun this weekend!

Wes said...

nope, not me... My weekends are filled with slothfullness, sitting around in my under wear, drinking beer, smoking a cigar, that kind of stuff....

Are you getting the pick of the litter for Stanley's ahum, services? That's always cool. I know Mufasa has been needin some lovin, LOL....

Melissa said...

Oh,that picture is just a pile of furry love.

Good luck at your race this weekend! And all the other stuff you have going on, wow you are busy!