Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wherein I Am Spoiled

Or just a cranky bitch.

Maybe I started my little race career with some really well-run races.  Or I just have high expectations.

But it’s simply not acceptable that 10 days before a major race that includes a 1/2 Iron distance, there is no athlete guide out (goodness, even the SPRINT I did last week had a race guide out 4 weeks in advance with ALL relevant information), the distances on the online race maps don’t match the advertised distances, and the website is distinctly lacking in information (location of aid stations? swim course map? what bike support will exist at the expo? bike shipping options? a little late for that).  For that matter the website is extremely disorganized and difficult to follow. 

Yes, Rev3, I’m talking about you.  And for a race series that touts its superior management, I’m not impressed yet.  I really sincerely hope that the experience in Knoxville next week reverses my first impression.

Rant over.

8 comments:

Maggs said...

Stick to WTC races, they had the Honu guide up 6 weeks before the race ;-) Just kidding...about sticking to WTC races....but not about the guide because it really was posted earlier this week).

I've done some races with absolutely NO info (HIM distance) or expo etc... But yeah, I think if REV3 is serious about trying to be competition for WTC races they probably need to provide some of those things that are standard for WTC races. Especially since so many people say they do WTC races because they know what to expect.

melissa said...

But they sure have a pretty website and big fancy trucks! ;-)

ADC said...

Uh, that really is quite annoying.

Maria said...

*note to self, if I ever direct a race that Molly is entering, send her a race guide way in advance!*

you should threaten to let the dogs out!!

TriGirl Kate O said...

Hadn't even thought of all of that, but you're right...

Wes said...

huh... I was just going to show up race morning with my swim mask, snorkel, fins, recumbent bike, and tennis shoes... I don't need no stinkin instructions. I am a man, after all....

GoBigGreen said...

Ha, classic Kate:) I would be annoyed too if it were a longer race and especially if you are travelling ( and you are!) I hope it turns out great for you. I know it will!

Rainmaker said...

Yeah, agree with you. Looks like we just got the athlete guide. I guess I don't understand why it's so hard to put together at least draft course maps far in advance. I'm totally fine with the course changing down the road - I understand things happen - I just want a rough idea of what the plan is.

That said - see ya this weekend!