Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy happy dance

I’ve been anxiously waiting for weeks since I shipped my old race t-shirts off to Arkansas.  Today they came back to me in a different form!

003

I had a t-shirt quilt made by Campus Quilts!  It’s even bigger than I thought it would be – we could definitely use this on our queen-sized bed and it’s bigger than the comforter we currently use.  I haven’t worn most of these shirts in years so it’s nice to finally put them to use in a better way.

IM AZ featured prominently

005

Ahhhhh, memories…

007

13 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm glad I can quilt. I plan on making one myself someday.

Jennifer Harrison said...

OKKKK love this! We have done this before for different friends/family members and it is such an awesome gift/such great memories! You will always cherish it! :)))

jennabul said...

LOVE IT. Great idea! Glad you got it today after your crazy day =)

San said...

Whoa, what a collection and what a great idea.

Larissa said...

What a neat idea! it looks great!

Kathleen said...

I love it. Great idea!

Wes said...

Oh, I WANTS one!! :-)

Maria said...

I've started saving shirts for mine too!

Sherry said...

Your quilt is awesome! I love it... and boy, you've got lots of memories there. I had one made for Scott about 2 years ago... entirely out of fire t-shirts! He keeps it on his bed at the station. :o) Enjoy!

GoBigGreen said...

I have a zillion tennis shirts from juniors and have always saved them "thinking" i would do this myself. And now i can get someone to do it for me? Score!

Clarese said...

How cool is that? What a great idea!

Erin said...

wow that is pretty cool. I checked out their site, no way I can budget that at the moment!

Rainmaker said...

Wow, that's pretty cool actually! Especially for folks who may not have a girlfriend who can make the quilts...very nice!