Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello February

January was a great training month for me.  I really got back in the swing of things!  I went back and looked through my logs – I haven’t missed a workout since November.  Go me!

I finished off the month this morning with loooooooong sets in the pool (workout appropriately titled “Molly Loves To Swim Long Sets”) followed by strength training at the gym.  I *heart* the medicine ball.  That is all.

My totals aren’t as high as people who have earlier season IMs than I do, but they are pretty good for me in January.  I’ve only had 1 month ever (October 2009, the month before IM AZ) with higher swim yardage. 

First triathlon of the year is just 4 weeks away!  I’m hoping our Recovery e21 race kits are in by then.  Check out their Facebook page to see the awesome Splish suits we are getting!

Swim: 34,552 yards (19.6 miles)
Bike: 218.4 miles
Run: 77.4 miles
Strength: 5 hours

9 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

That is some insane swim yardage. Go you!

As for the no missed workout thing, you give the rest of us schmucks a bad name (and that would be SLACKER!)

Unknown said...

Nice month! I hope you have some TriSwim!!

ADC said...

Impressive.

My Life said...

Nice work! I was patting myself on the back for 5,000yds. ;) Baby steps for me. Inspiring to see you off and running!!

Andy said...

Nice laydown for January, I am sure the swimming will pay dividends down the road. Love the new suits! Took a look at the facebook page, pretty cool!

beardies3 said...

Go Molly!
Impressive totals for January.
Go Molly!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Way to star the year out strong!

Anonymous said...

It scares me that we are training for the same event. ;>) I almost kept up in running that is it. Oy! Awesome January girl!!!

Anonymous said...

It scares me that we are training for the same event. ;>) I almost kept up in running that is it. Oy! Awesome January girl!!!