Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another Day, Another Ride

Yesterday I got out for a nice little spin of the legs after work.  It was a bit hazy but it was warm enough to ride without arm warmers even with the wind really blowing, so that works for me!

IMG_0721

Today we were gifted with a sunny beautiful morning for a run/ride.  Don’t be too jealous – it’s now cloudy and the next rainstorm is rolling into the Bay Area.

IMG_0723

I was pleased that my legs, and my favorite riding partner, were up for some high mileage fun.

IMG_0726

As long as the rains keep coming periodically, this will all stay green.  As soon as it stops, the summer brown creeps in!

IMG_0729

I’ve been trying to vary our routes slightly as we go – we’ve been riding a lot in Morgan Hill and Gilroy because the roads best suit my workouts/intervals and there are virtually no lights and stop signs.  Today I added Llagas Rd at the end of the ride just for fun – it’s a steady climb over from Chesbro reservoir and then a bombing descent back into the valley.  The scenery isn’t bad either.

IMG_0730

After the smashfest of the day, I headed over to my old high school to see my sisters crush the competition in their first high school swim meet!  One more day, 2 more workouts, to go until another week is in the books!

2 comments:

Running and living said...

This biking bonanza sounds great. After my half in 2 weeks, I will have a few bike building weeks...looking forward to them! Jealous of your weather:)

Anonymous said...

nice! Jealous of your open space to ride in... it's hard for me to get out of the city to open road with minimal lights & tourists. It was a great day to ride!