Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Now We’re Talking

We’ll call today my first real day in the desert.  Yesterday I was too busy being tired from the whole travel thing and running errands – like buying $$$ of food – to get myself established and situated here.

I kicked it off in the best way, with a morning trip to my favorite pool, where the water is warm, the lanes are always available and the sun always shines.  Really!

003

Jeff came over about halfway through my hard swim (the intervals were challenging to say the least) and swam for a while too, which made it even better.

004

I got some work done and then Jen arrived from Tucson to play for the day.  After a little workout and lunch, we braved more traffic than we expected to go a few miles to the new Salt River Fields for the Angels-Diamondbacks game (did I fail to mention March is spring training time in Arizona? Par-tay!).  First we slogged through nearly 30 minutes of traffic to get in the parking lot, then we spotted the Game Sold Out signs.  Aaargh!

Still we wandered over to the ballpark hoping we’d meet some scalpers along the way.  No such luck.  Jen and I ducked into a restroom and when we came back out – like 2 minutes later, tops – Jeff was standing there with 3 tickets!  Miracle worker, my husband!

90 degrees and sunshine!

IMG00099-20110316-1307

The new ballpark is nice!  I was quite pleased with our lawn seats.

IMG_0843

We only stayed for about half the game before Jen had to get back home for her kids and I had to get back to work, but today was a perfect way to settle into Arizona Molly mode!

IMG_0845

3 comments:

mtanner said...

I'm jealous of your partay-vacay-work in sunny AZ! Have fun-

Andy said...

Work hard Party harder! Glad you are mixing it up and having a good time!

Jen said...

Fun day. Thanks!