Sunday, November 6, 2011

Still here (and there), still tapering...

Week 1 of taper is done, race day is 2 weeks away!  I think this might have been the hardest part, as I was awfully tired and unmotivated this week.  And I had a LOT to do!

Stanley and Puck have finally achieved BFF status

So of course they won't see each other for nearly 2 weeks.  Because I packed up the world's largest mound of clothing (plus a lot of swim/bike/run gear PLUS a friend's bike and luggage) and hit the road for Arizona with the beardies!

8 hours of driving in rain, 45 minutes of sunshine and 2 hours of duststorm later, I arrived!  And then it rained and poured all night and the temperature dropped like crazy.  *thinking good thoughts for a warmup* as I'd like to not freeze in Tempe Town Lake...

In the two days I've been here, we've been busy!  I drove to Tucson on Saturday for the Trisports.com Garage Sale where I scored all sorts of awesome stuff at super-duper discounted prices.  That gave me a chance to see Jen again and have lunch with her and her kids!  The beardies and I had some fun walking around Old Town Scottsdale last night too.


Today I had enjoyed NOT having to change any clocks (Arizona does not observe Daylight Saving Time)!  I had an hour run to knock out this morning - at this point that feels short and I was done before 9am, even with dog walking and breakfast and a lot of Facebooking first.  Even though I'm feeling a bit of the fat-and-moody taper thing going on, my run pace was awesome, which gave me some confidence that it'll all come together on race day.  I had plenty of time to hit up the hardware store, get supplies, and build a fence around the one non-puppy-friendly plant in our yard in preparation for Puck's eventual arrival in town.  I even lined up a pre-race tuneup for my bike for this week so that it's ready to go come November 20th.

Anyway, obviously not anything too exciting going on...lots of resting and eating right (kale is my friend) and waiting.  The activity is going to pick up around here as next week approaches (taper party *whoop*whoop*) so I'm getting all the down time I can now.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

"Love" the pics!

San said...

wow that is a mountain of clothes. I didn't know, that one needs so much for a tri.

Well, enjoy another taper week. cute pics.

Christi said...

Great pics! I hope you enjoy the taper.

Aimee said...

Molly!!! I'm going to be in the same place you are this week! We're going down early too!

I saw that you're already in AZ. I tried to find your email to write you a message, but couldn't figure it out. I think I'll be there Sat. evening sometime I would like to do an OWS sometime the week before IMAZ. Would you maybe be up for going somewhere together?? Let me know!

Wes said...

The beardies are such photo "hams" LOL!

Alili said...

Love the pics of the beardies. :)