Friday, November 11, 2011

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

I wish I had more exciting things to report...just a week of work and tapering going on around here.  

I've tried to fit in a little pampering to make this taper less boring - had my hair cut and colored (1st time ever!), got a massage mid-week when my hamstrings were so tight I could barely bend over, and I had my pre-race mani/pedi (+ a facial) today.  One might think next week would be better for a pre-race mani-pedi but I knew I was smart about doing it early after the woman cut my toe and I bled everywhere - better to get that kind of stuff over with early!  In any event, toes that match your race kit = faster Ironman, right?  So I'm good to go there!

The dogs are bored bored bored with me!  They want Jeff and Puck to arrive already so they have someone to play with.   Stanley is amusing himself with rearranging my bed to suit him.
Max at least had an outing just for himself - chiropractic adjustment and acupuncture!

I've been enjoying the gluten-free bakery and cafe just down the street from my house here.

I did my last long brick in preparation for the race.  Out on the Beeline into the wind (this sucks, I hate my bike, stupid Ironman) and back at a speed that was 13mph faster (I love my bike, this race is going to rock).  Thank goodness at least my run off the bike was 100% happy!

A little view of last night's full (?) moon rising

9 days to go and the weather forecast is finally looking good for race day!

7 comments:

heather said...

Did Max like his acupuncture? I've beat up by new patients of mine all week.

Maggs said...

another little known rule of blogging is- if you get your hair cut and colored you have to post pictures. without a helmet or ponytail.

Jennifer said...

She cut your toe? I have never had a pedi so I don't know, but is that normal?

Ha ha, sounds like taper is madness, but one you are dealing with pretty well, and I hope these next nine go well too. More massages!

Caratunk Girl said...

Ahh Taper madness!!

Woah. They cut your toe?

kT said...

I agree with SSB! And it is definitely true that matching toenails to tri kit is an important race strategy. Or at least it makes you smile while you wait for the swim...

Meredith said...

Woo Hoo!!! Please remind me that I don't get to eat like an Ironman just cause I'm hanging out with one!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the response about the whole "pain" issue. I appreciate your insite. The weather report is starting to go down hill for race day. Hoping like all other weather reports, it is false reporting.