Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hump Day Hit-or-Miss

It’s another one of those random bullet-point kind of days!

  • I’m back at training hard.  Three days in a row of double workouts.  It is good.
  • Thank goodness my hockey team went on an east coast road trip.  4:30pm games are easier to watch and still get to bed on time.
  • I had a run/bike/run workout today.  Oddly convenient since…
  • Due to extreme cold and rain rolling in to town starting tomorrow (like, it’s supposed to maybe snow in San Francisco), there is a strong chance that Sunday’s triathlon will become a duathlon. 
  • I wasn’t exactly looking forward to swimming in 50 degree water but I wanted to get my first tri of the year under my belt already.
  • So I might get to do my first duathlon instead, we’ll see.  I hear this is the best way to start a season.
  • It’s possible that my hair froze on the post-swim run yesterday.  And then today I did my workouts in a tank top and shorts.  OK it was still 40ish degrees out but you have to enjoy the sunny days when you can.  Especially if rain/snow is coming.
  • My new strength routine for this training block is awesome – all medicine ball work.  I’ve felt it in my abs for 2 days now.
  • I watched a Nature special on wolverines during my Monday bike workout.  I think the dogs would love to help raise a wolverine kit – they seem to have the same play style! 
  • I wanted to watch NatGeo’s Science of Dogs for today’s bike but Netflix was streaming slow.  I got last night’s Glee off Hulu instead – perfect!  Key-dollar sign-ha. *snort*

10 comments:

Running and living said...

My hair gets wet from sweat and then it freezes during winter runs! It's comical when I come home with icicles:) Seems to me that you are prepared no matter what the tri/du day brings! Good luck!

Maggs said...

OMG. I remember my hair freezing after workouts when I lived in Korea. I can't say I've had that problem since.

ADC said...

Oh I hope it's not a duathlon.

Andy said...

I have not yet had frozen hair while running after a swim (outside), but then again my hair is short. I think the coldest I have swam in is 58 degree water, so i have no idea how cold 50 would be. Two a days = fun :) I wish I had more time to watch the hockey team, but my local team is slipping away from playoff hopes game after game.

Anonymous said...

Good luck at your race this weekend!!

Wes said...

keep all that cold weather over there! and have fun at your race!

Beth said...

Good luck in your tri/duathlon this weekend! :)

D said...

BRRR. We have the polar plunge here...where crazy people cut a hole in the ice on a lake and jump in. Sounds like you would be doing the CA version.. Hope the weatherman is WRONG.

Anonymous said...

Med ball is awesome!! Genius little invention! :>D

Jennifer said...

Whether tri or du- good luck tomorrow and have a blast!