Saturday, February 12, 2011

If it’s freezing where you live, please avert your eyes

because today was a GLORIOUS day for cycling!

IMG_0637

We started out at the same location as Melissa’s birthday ride, so that I could give her my best wishes before she and her crew hit the road.  Last year I paced Melissa to a 10K PR for her birthday celebration in San Diego, this year she is celebrating kicking cancer to the curb!

IMG_0631

Today was another first for me – I wore bib shorts for the first time.  Wow, they are really comfortable, I am in love!

IMG_0634

As I mentioned it was another shitty day of riding in Northern Cal.

IMG_0639

Way up ahead is George, the father of one of my junior high classmates, who kicks my ass on every uphill.

IMG_0641

Aaaaahhh, enjoying an easy spin in between tougher intervals.

IMG_0636

Vineyards

IMG_0642

Nigel working off a few beers, or is it earning new ones?

IMG_0643

Did I mention it was almost 70 degrees out?

IMG_0644

Best I could get of Jeff as we approached the top of a long climb

IMG_0645

And then he passed me.  Not gonna feel bad about that, I was on my cooldown by then.

IMG_0646

Proof of spring: the cherry trees are blooming

IMG_0648

Some enjoy a post-ride beer, some of us just get water!

IMG_0649

One more day to go until rest week and I’m excited, for tomorrow I get to do a long run with my brother!

7 comments:

heather said...

Grumble grumble

Maggs said...

Nice pictures. It was beautiful here today too.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it amazing today?? Looks like you had a great ride! Yes, we get one more nice day for the run before it starts raining :-(

Michelle Simmons said...

I love how You guys wear jacKets and arm warmers when it is almost 70 degrees. We do that here too. In Chicago they'd be wearing tank tops and shorts. ;)

Jennifer said...

Wo ho! Nice ride! And that is some lovely countryside. Today it will be close to 65 and sunny as I go on my run, I feel sorry for the "northerners". Cheers!

D said...

Sigh. To see green grass again...what would that be like?

My Life said...

LUCKY woman!! That ride looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics! :)