Sunday, April 24, 2011

Denial

OK so it WAS a cold.  Thankfully it only lasted about 2 days total and I felt well enough to tackle my Thursday-Sunday workouts without a problem.  Another workout week in the books!

I’m living, breathing, eating and sleeping hockey right now.  It’s on every night in our house until I finally fall asleep to hockey (because Jeff is still watching and I have to get up at asscrack-thirty to train).

IMG_1206

Even the dogs crowd onto the couch to watch hockey.  Or perhaps more accurately Max luxuriates in a neck rub while Stan mopes over losing his spot next to Jeff. 

IMG_1194

Easter is a great day to be a heathen.  I ran the dogs on the high school field, went for a long run, faced no crowds at the grocery store, colored my grey away and pretty much sat on my ass watching hockey for the rest of the day without a care in the world.

The upside of having a cold this week was it killed my appetite.  I ate because I knew I HAD to but not because of the triathlete tapeworm.  It’s making my first attempt this year at pre-race leaning-out a little easier.  Well, that and the fact that I am not allowing myself to buy any more Senior Mo’ Mints (basically dark chocolate-covered peppermint cremes from Whole Foods) until after the race – I haven’t opened my only container for fear of not having any when I REALLY need a dose of chocolate.

One more solid week of work to get through – with some interesting training challenges – and then it’s race week.  I can’t wait to FINALLY do a triathlon this year – hopefully they are chemical-treating the heck out of Tempe Town Lake right now to ensure there are no more cancelled races this spring!

Have a good week!

9 comments:

Aimee said...

Ugh..I'm sorry you have a cold. That just sucks! Hopefully you'll feel better soon!
Your triathlon is sooo close! Yay!! You are going to do great!

Dances with Corgis said...

Love the picture of the dogs cuddled up together! :)

Teresa said...

Super cuddly dogs...so cute!!

Get better....FAST!!

tn

Jennifer said...

Hockey! Most of my friends down in Mississippi don't really get it. Good for you having your own cool Easter, I was a heathen too. Felt great!

Christi said...

I am glad to hear your cold did not last long!

Good luck with the upcoming race!

D said...

That is one mournful look on Stanley's face! "NObody loves me"~ HAHA!

TriGirl Kate O said...

I don't believe you have any grays! We godless heathens had a good easter too! xo

Triathlon Benchwarmer said...

Not eating with a cold is great, but I always find myself weak when getting back into my workouts....good thingyou forced yourself to eat! Hockey season is over....Ducks are out AND the Kings, so no local team :( Time to get on board with baseball season!

Unknown said...

Glad I found your blog! :)

Hope you are feeling better. I'm battling a cold too and it sucks big time!

Doggies are super cute!