Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy June 9th to you!

2 years ago today, in the company of just a few friends and even more dogs, we did this!

2007_Wedding_ProPics 024

2007_Wedding_ProPics 042

*sigh* I still think he looks like a studmuffin here.

2007_Wedding_ProPics 071

Last year, to celebrate we did this.

muddybuddy

This year we are working and packing and going to Boise for a race. Even better, right? So, 2 years of marriage – and nearly 6 years together – and I still actually like the guy. I figure that’s a good start.

Today I also get to wish my beloved a happy 45th birthday! I think he practically made it a wedding vow that I was required to give him 2 gifts each June 9th (1 for birthday, 1 for anniversary) so he will be properly spoiled with gadgetry and new toys.

In non-mushy news of the what-can-I-injure-before-Saturday variety, I gave myself a forearm cramp yesterday in the pool locker room, while putting on a bra of all things. *sigh* Maybe I am the one who needs to be encased in bubble wrap until my race and not Rob? I’d suggest a contest at who is more accident prone but I think dislocating your shoulder in the airport on the way to the 70.3 world championship would probably win in a jury of our peers.

T minus 4 days.

18 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Awww! Congrats!!

SWTrigal said...

Your husband looks like the guy on 24!??
Happy anniversary and yes-stay in a bubble wrap!
:)

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the pictures of your - ahem, bridesmaids and groomsmen! You have worked really hard this year and I am sure you will have a great race in Boise - enjoy!

ADC said...

Happy anniversary. You both looked amazing on your wedding day. And happy birthday to Jeff. You will do great at Boise.

D said...

I've got a new injury just about every day (seriously, I'm a biomechanical mess), but Rob definitely takes the cake on needing the bubble wrap. What a nutter.

Happy fun day! :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy Anniversary!! The wedding photos are lovely but that muddy buddy shot shoes real love to me.

Congrats and stay away from using any knives (I nearly cut my finger off 2 days before my half iron).

Stef0115 said...

Happy Anniversary to you two and Happy Birthday to Jeff!!! Love those pictures every time I see them.

Larissa said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are such a cute couple!

And Happy Birthday to Jeff...he's a smart man planing out your wedding day the same as his bday LOL extra gifts for him!

Good Luck in Boise. You will kick butt!!!

Runner Leana said...

Happy anniversary! (And happy birthday Jeff!) I love how you guys got the dogs in the wedding too.

Kirstin said...

Happy Anniversary! And a happy birthday to Jeff.

Clarese said...

Happy anniversary!

Cy said...

Happy Anniversary!! The photos are perfect-Love the intimate wedding.

You'll do great in Boise-You've done all the work, now you get to play with 1000 other athletes :-)

PS- I think your husband looks like Cloe's husband from the TV show 24.

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary! Great photos, but I must agree, love the Muddy Buddy the best!

Michelle Simmons said...

LOVE the wedding photo with the dogs! Too cute!

Good luck this weekend! Looking forward to cheering from the middle of the Pacific, even if you will be running by the time I wake up. ;)

Beth said...

I absolutely love the fact that all your dogs were there at your wedding! So fun!

Happy anniversary and happy race packing! :)

Wes said...

Dislocating your shoulder is hardly creative! Come'on Molly! You can beat this...

Happy Anniversary (and birthday, Jeff!)

GoBigGreen said...

Hey happy belated! Tell Jeff my dad was born on june 9th and he is 82! good day :)

Sherry said...

A wee bit late to the game (although I think I caught ya on time on Facebook).... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love the wedding pic where the two of you are seated and you are looking at your hubby (more like adoring him). Your eyes tell the entire story! :o)