Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun With Numbers

1 – The number of workouts I did yesterday. 

2 – The number of weeks I’ve been working on my race plan for Boise.  I even wrote it in Word so that I could insert graphics.  Yeah baby.

3 – The number of beers it will take to put me under the table after I break my “fast” from drinking.  One less will be the number that puts me dancing on the aforementioned table.

4 - The number of imaginary illnesses or injuries I’ve had in the past 7 days.  HELL-O, Taper!

5 –  The number of weeks I’ve gone without booze.

6 – The number of dirty/used water bottles sitting on my kitchen counter (or in the dishwasher) at any given time.  Hard to believe it’s only going to get worse with IM training!

7 – Roughly the number of large bruises on my legs currently.  Sports massage the other day added a few new spots to them.

8 – The number of days left till my first 70.3 of the year.  *gulp*

9 – The time I went to bed on Wednesday night.  It was still light out but we were TIRED.

10 – Average number of (small) meals I seem to eat each day lately.  Trigirl Kate O put it best when we chatted yesterday and she said it’s like being a teenager standing at the fridge saying “there’s nothing to eat.” ALL. THE. TIME.

11 – The number of days since my last rest day.  Today I’m gonna go all hog-wild with the sleeping in and napping.  Woohoo!

13 comments:

Wes said...

I just want you to know that that first beer still tastes exquisite. The second one ain't so bad either ;-)

Sherry said...

I'm so excited for you, Molly! I had to laugh at the 'imaginary illnesses' part... so true!

Hang in there! You're aaaaalmost home. :o)

Clarese said...

The training sounds tough, but I could never go that long without a drink!!

Runner Leana said...

Enjoy your rest day today! Love the picture of the doggie, that is hilarious!!! Have a great weekend!

SWTrigal said...

totally awesome Molly-you are going to rock this!

D said...

hehe... 3 beers (and that's 3 tap beers at a beer garden, so not even that big) put me in my place a few weeks ago. Those 3 beers also had me hungover the WHOLE next day. :D

cat. said...

funny!!!

really, 11 days? liz doesn't make you take one rest day each week?!?

Missy said...

I used to sleep with fig newtons and a glass for water on my nightstand. No joke. I'd wake up at 2:00 (to pee, of course) and be STARVING. Whatever you gotta do!

Mmmm, you said beer.

TriGirl Kate O said...

You are a better person than I...although I am somewhat tempted to try and emulate you with the last 6 weeks pre IM. I need to look at my schedule and make sure we're back from Europe first.

ADC said...

Yay for the rest day. And food oh we are so same.

Michelle Simmons said...

Shoot, we go to bed by 9 every night! Sometimes 8... ;)

You'll do great next weekend! Can't wait to watch (online)!

Marit C-L said...

Yeah - I can TOTALLY relate :) No water bottles lined up, because I just washed about 8 an they are (finally) clean and stacked. Yes for the food thing - it's getting annoying and (dare I say it), I'm even a little tired of PB and honey sandwiches at 10 pm. But I don't know what else will keep me from waking up ravenously hungry at 3:30 am... Yup to the imaginary injury...and YES to the no alcohol thingy. And I've got a few bruises to match yours...

Wow - I would say that you're WELL on your way to IM training, but you don't know it ;)

Relax for Boise! You'll do GREAT!!! You've been awesome about the training, put in lots of quality and great time... the race is a celebration of all the hard work. :) And THEN you get that first drink and aaahhhhhhhh.....

Rainmaker said...

I fail to understand how on earth I got two weeks behind. Seriously, WTF.

That said, HILARIOUS POST! I love the pics (mostly cause I love those sites myself). Well done.