Friday, April 11, 2008

Training training training

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Besides prepping for our beardie regional next week, I've just been focused heavily on training for upcoming events.

First up is the Tierra Bella century on April 19th - 100 miles on my lovely bicycle. Check out this elevation profile:

To train for this, we've been riding long every weekend (topping out at 75 miles tomorrow) with shorter trips in between, checking out various features of our course. That climb to Henry Coe is a monster!

2 weeks later, I'll be racing at the Avia Wildflower Triathlon, olympic distance, down at Lake San Antonio in central California. My friend Chris is also entered in this race, so we went down there last weekend to train on our race course with the Silicon Valley Triathlon Club.

A quick assessment:
1500m Swim: As we all know, my weakest area. The lake was cold and I know I will be slow - I will have to just focus on settling down early and taking my time.

40K Bike: Described by the folks at Tri California as "extremely hilly," it looks and rides a whole lot better than the century course! It will be difficult at race pace but looks quite do-able, assuming I have any oxygen left after the swim.


10K Run: Encouragingly labeled by Tri California as "brutal," this course is uphill, the whole way. With any luck, I'll be too damn tired to care! Feeling strong on this one will depend on how warm it has gotten by the time I get out to run.

So anyway, that's what we're up to here. No agility classes because our teacher is on maternity leave. No dog shows for the last few weeks. Just work and training and trying to keep the puppy clean.

Oh, and how cute do Bea and Stan look here???

No comments: