Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Across the Hump

Hump Day is survived and it’s all downhill to Friday.  So far, it’s been a great week!

Monday

Celebrating Stanley Day with dinner out and birthday cake

005

011

Tuesday

I found out I got promoted at work! It’s a nice step up for me and I’m glad that my work, no matter what training got squeezed in last year, was recognized.

Wednesday

It was time for another swim test, after 8 weeks of hard training.  Another 6 seconds off my 100 yard time!  You all know how hard swimming is for me so it’s a relief every time I see all that training pay off.

On that note, go read this awesome blog post from my coach, it really resonated with me today.  Definition: Success

Hope everyone is having a good week!

17 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! 6 seconds...that's GREAT! Send me some of your swim speed please :)

jennabul said...

Great job on the swim PR =). You're gonna do great next weekend!! YAY on swimming fast!!!

Jennifer Harrison said...

SIX SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES, LMM! Nice work! :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on the job promo and the 6 sec 100 yd improvement! I'd kill for that (not really but it sure would be nice, but first I must get back to where I was last year ...).

ShirleyPerly said...

PS - What have you been doing to help improve your swim speed?

Kris said...

Sounds like a fabulous week so far! Congrats on the promotion and the swim. Awesome progress. And even after reading coach's post....I'm jealous! ;)

Marit C-L said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!! Great job on the swim test Molly - that's awesome!!!

Looks like a great week - love it! :)

San said...

Congratulations on the promotion and the 6 seconds.

Awww, a 3 with candle for Stanley sooooo cute.

Hope your week gets even better if possible...

Cheers

ADC said...

Wow, 6 seconds is a lot. And congrats on promotion again.

Maria said...

Congrats on the promotion! Good to hear life outside of training is good too!

Kim said...

YAY on all accounts - birthday dinner and cake, promotion and shaving 6 seconds off your swim time! you are a freakin speedy fishie!

Liz Waterstraat said...

6 seconds and to think we have not even started the TRX :) Molly, this is what makes you a pleasure to work with - you celebrate every success, you work hard, you recover smart, you smile. Thank you.

TriGirl Kate O said...

I can only take that much time off if I draft off someone...

WAY TO GO!!! Great job.

Kathleen said...

I hope the rest of your week goes as well as the first half. Congrats on all your successes!

Maggs said...

Nice job at the pool!

Wes said...

Congrats on the 6 seconds! Keep them coming!!!

beardies3 said...

Way to go Molly!
What your coach said!