Monday, May 25, 2009

Rest

Normally my rest days fall on a workday and so I am busy despite not doing any workouts.  But what is a type-A triathlete to do when a rest day falls on a national holiday and there really is the freedom to do nothing?  Sitting still does not come easy.

Take the dogs to the beach.

Can we go now? How about now?  Now? Leaning…

2009_May25 002

Gone!

2009_May25 004

Probably the one stationary photo I have of all of them together

2009_May25 011

3 dogs going 3 different directions

2009_May25 017

Stanley doing his Swamp Thang impression

2009_May25 026

The only one who seemed to understand the word “stay” today

2009_May25 031

BeardieShake

2009_May25 032

10 second clip of them all running around

Bathe sandy dirty wet dogs.

Sad Bath Face

2009_May25 033

Owner of patent on Sad Bath Face

2009_May25 043

Black-dog BeardieShake

2009_May25 037

Grey-dog BeardieShake

2009_May25 044

Take a 2-hour nap after all that bathing.

2009_May25 047

Go to the nursery on the hunt for plants that can survive 3 male dogs.

2009_May25 048

Buy food.  Food makes triathletes H-A-P-P-Y.

I realize I visit either Whole Foods or Safeway nearly every other day.

2009_May25 049

Dry and brush newly-clean dogs.

2009_May25 050

2009_May25 051

And if you are Stanley, use a game of fetch to sneak in some box practice.

2009_May25 054

Install the newly purchased plants.

Use non-triathlete spouse (with the injured back –oops!) to do the hole-digging.

2009_May25 060

2009_May25 061

While planting, use camera to capture the old man in his happy place (and happy because he can’t see the camera).

2009_May25 068

BBQ.  Or watch your spouse BBQ.  Same thing, right?

2009_May25 072

Go to bed early.

(because tomorrow is swim-bike brick/work/yoga/workworkwork)

See? A very relaxing rest day.  :)

14 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Getting sand out of a dogs coat after a day at the beach hardly qualifies as rest! ;) We've all but given up getting the sand off Hoku, which means I vacuum sand off the floor 3x/day after bringing her home from the beach! Ugh.

Lisa T said...

Glad you got to have a fun, relaxing day!

Runner Leana said...

I always love the pictures of your dogs. They are just adorable. And that is definitely one very sad bath face. Looks like you had a great Memorial Day...the BBQ looks delish!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Your memorial day totally trumps my memorial day. :)

Sounds like you had a blast and a half relaxing with your favorite boys :)

ShirleyPerly said...

You dog stories crack me up! I had a rest day yesterday too but I'm sure I rested more than you did. Glad at least you have a nice doggie bath tub. When I was growing up, we used to bath our dog in our backyard with only a hose and it was really tough to get him to stay put.

LittleRachet said...

I love the dog pics. Looks like they had so much fun! But not like you had much rest.....LOL!

Marit C-L said...

LOVE the pictures - your puppies are GREAT! Okay... a few similarities... we went to the beach, we looked at plants, AND Nate and I grilled. Sounds like a GREAT day!

Beth said...

I love the pictures of your dogs Molly!! The sad bath face is priceless! :)

D said...

I sure am glad I'm not afflicted with the Type-A personality. Not even a little bit. Explains a lot, doesn't it? ;D

Jennifer Cunnane said...

HOw much fun!!! I wish I lived near the beach - will you invite me over? Ummmm... just pay for airfare and hotel too! Hope to see you in July!

GoBigGreen said...

that is too hilarious. The dogs strapped into that bath thingy ma jiggy and the nice grill sitting dormant right next to the bath! I am glad the grill got some action as well.
Good job with the rest day I know i hate hate hate hate rest days on weekends or holidays:) Weird arent we?! But those days are the days you want to just gogogo bc you have no other commitments besides eating and having fun, right?
I have my half on June 13 same as you so i am keeping my fingers crossed we are both good to go!

Beth said...

The boys look fantastic! Fun weekend.
where did you run them?

jennabul said...

I was working on Memorial Day...does that count? Your day looked fun. Excited you planted Jasmine as I love the smell and will look forward to it when we start rides from your house =). Also liked how you could tell which rib rack was yours and which was Jeff's!

Sherry said...

A perfect day in pictures!!!