Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas: It's ON, Baby!

Settling into the second home always takes a bit of adjustment. Everyone has to find their happy places all over again - the bathtub for Stanley, the new dog beds for Max, the back bedroom and its tile floor for Cujo.

This year, Max is enjoying hanging on the couch during TV time a bit more. Stan can't stand to be left out though.


Max's new happy place is right in Jeff's lap in the recliner. Nevermind that he was trying to read the paper this morning.


Today marked a first for our dogs - Santa Paws! The boys did much better than I'd even expected. They were all three groomed recently and attracted quite a bit of attention! It was very hot in the Petsmart Petshotel where they were doing photos but they took their job seriously (and much more happily than with the antlers!). We went through 3 rounds of photoshoots due to various technical difficulties (they forgot to put a memory card in the camera, the photo printed with one of the dogs cut off, etc). We still ended up with part of a dog cut off but decided the boys had been good enough that we wouldn't subject them to more.


For even more entertainment, a few agility videos from last weekend....

Max's Team Snooker run. We managed to do three 7s and I was really happy with it! We looooooove snooker!


Max's Performance Speed Jumping run. It was 30 degrees and raining outside and he was all hyped up! He beat a number of border collies for time even.


And finally, baby Stanley's first Q! Not too bad for a brainless 21-month-old. I got to learn a lot about where I need to apply more pressure. After the first 3 jumps though, he figured out what we were doing. My favorite part is the very nice rear cross at the end.

8 comments:

Stef0115 said...

LOVE! The picture is priceless and the videos are great!

Merry Christmas to you, Jeff, Max Stan and Cujo.

Clarese said...

Those videos are great! I hope you have a great time in AZ.

Eileen Swanson said...

SOOOOO AWESOME! I LOVE THE VIDEOS!! Your pups are super ;-)

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

I'm so impressed with the santa photo!!! My dogs go all neurotic on me in the store. Prolly cause I take them to the vet there....hmm.

Any chance you brought your bike? I'm thinking about doing the B-day fit challenge, so on Wed I'll need to ride 31miles...

Melissa said...

Hi Molly. Oh my gosh, your boys are so cute! I love the photos and the vidoes.

I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas, and a great time in warm Arizona! See you in about one month!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that christmas picture is too funny! stan being the center of the universe, max clinging on to the edges, and cujo just hanging out :) i love it! and btw, shanti is uber impressed with that neck fur that cujo has going on these days!!

i am so glad your work stuff finished up so completely before the holidays, what better than to start 09 with a clean slate!! i am glad you made it to AZ, i hope you have a great time over there!!

wishing you and the boys a wonderful holiday!!! :)

Larissa said...

Holy cow Max is almost faster then you! Way to go boys!!

Happy Holidays :)

Liz Waterstraat said...

Why was your Santa sitting in front of the same background as my Santa? Were you in Illinois?