Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The End

Hockey season for me is essentially over.  My team was knocked out of the playoffs last night.  It’s times like these where I very much appreciate being raised as a Cubs fan because I know how to support and love my team, win OR lose.  Unlike the win-or-we-don’t-watch fair-weather fans around here, I believe in sticking with my team through thick and thin.  Here’s what you WON’T find me doing over the coming weeks:

  • Threatening not to renew our season tickets for next year
  • Ranting about who should be traded or kicked off the team
  • Saying the team has no heart/will/skill/didn’t want it bad enough
  • Calling my team pathetic/awful/disappointing

They had a rough series, they didn’t get the bounces and they got outplayed.  At the end of the day, they’re still my team, I still think they are awesome, and I’m grateful for all the fun and entertainment (because let us all remember, this really is just entertainment) they gave me this year.

Rock on, Sharks!  See you in September!!!

5 comments:

D said...

The Canucks made it to the second round, but I've already got my "you're pathetic/disappointing/awful". If I didn't, I wouldn't be a Canucks fan teeheehee.

Sherry said...

Hey, I spent some time as a Cubbies fan too... but it was mostly b/c I was in love with Mark Grace. ;p

I know what you're saying though; Scott & I actually grew up (and still are) as devoted fans of all things Philadelphia. Philly fans can be SO hard on their poor teams. It's quite sad...

jennabul said...

I kinda just want to give them all a big hug...especially Douglas. And yes, what a fun and entertaining season they gave us this year!

ADC said...

Nicely said. That is what it's all about Molly.

Dave said...

Sorry it was a short playoffs for your guys too. But good attitude! As a lifelong fan of the baseball team with the second longest championship drought (Indians), I sympathize. :)