Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hump Day Shoutouts

I realized almost everything I had to say today involved other bloggers, so hump day shoutouts it is!

Before I get to that, the only updates in my world are:

  • I received my regular sorta-monthly abuse from my massage therapist today. I took up yoga and the Quadballer in the hopes of loosening my glutes and hips enough to not cringe or cry when she works on them… It’s still pretty painful but she admitted they aren’t AS tight as they used to be. Also got my neck/shoulder worked on a bit for the tightness that has bothered me for the last few days. I don’t know if this is from increased swim volume, a slight tweak to my swim technique (have been trying a change in head position), the result of Saturday’s long bumpy ride, or just the culmination of a few nights of bad sleep. But Andrea beat the crap out of it and it is much better now!
  • Bit of a reorganization at work. We knew it was coming but it will be interesting to see how it pans out. Our department has been split and has a new reporting structure. At the very least, I think my boss will be happier, which makes me happy.
  • We’ve experienced a brief heat wave here in Northern California, but temperatures are reverting to normal over the next day or two. Just in time to start totally weather-stalking the upcoming Napa triathlons!

Now on to the meat of this post, meager as it is….

* If you haven’t read it already, you should go RIGHT NOW to Liz’s blog and read her post on confidence. I’m going to be the fucking fearless squirrel this year and I want that damn nut.

* It seemed my iPod playlist needed a little refreshing, what with Barbara regularly baffling me with her weekly Facebook songs of the week and all. But it was Marit’s post today that actually prodded me into a minor iTunes shopping spree. Her song is funny. And very very dirty.

* Today is Wednesday and that means it’s only a week and a half till I get to see Cat again! *happy dance* Cat and j. are venturing to the “other” California so that she can race the Napa Valley Vintage Half-Iron triathlon. I can’t wait to spend the day cheering for her! Then they are going to be kind enough to watch me race the Napa Valley Sprint tri the next morning before they head back to SoCal.

* Today I totally want to give Jen Harrison a big hug and a blast of hot weather. Since I can’t do either, I can just mention it here. And say she rocks for all the cold weather training she’s been suffering through.

* A HUGE congratulations to Meredith, who ran an amazing fast race AND set a new PR at the Boston Marathon this week. Nobody PRs at Boston, Meredith!

* If you like awesome pet photos with captions that make you fall on the floor laughing, there is none better than Three Woofs and a Woo.

* And finally, in my round of shoutouts for the week, thank you, Melissa, for some mornings being the only reason I dragged myself out of bed before dawn for masters swim. Because I know you will know if I didn’t go and publically humiliate me accordingly.

4 comments:

D said...

Clearly I need to be less boring since I got no shout outs. Hmmm... bummer :P

Meredith said...

Thanks for the shout out! I can't wait to come out and race Nike and hang with you!

Marit C-L said...

Ooohhh - you get to be a spectathlete! That's great! :) :) :) Yeah...nice to have friends for accountability, especially when it comes time for the pool. Ha! Yeah - the song is still stuck in my head, but at least I know the words. And I blush less.

OH - and the quadballer - great tool! It REALLY helps with my lateral quads - which are always the ones to be really tight. Nice!

Jennifer Harrison said...

Oh yeah for the nice hug via blogland, Molly! :)) thank you. Today it is nice here - 60F! So, I will take it..! :) We need it. What you don't know is that ELF and I talk like the muppets all day (not your dogs!) about these little things like the weather but don't bore you all with our nutso chit chats. :)) xo