Friday, April 24, 2009

Girl Talk

*Hey, guys, this one isn’t for you – go on to another blog and come back at the end of the weekend – I’ll try to have something for you then.  Tri men, exes, family members, yes, all of you.  Here, go look at Rachel in a short skirt and read her story about running 8 miles down the road in a pink bikini.  Thanks.*

Hormones suck. 

That is all.

OK, not completely all, you know I can’t get away with saying that little. 

But having your body play games with you – especially when it’s not supposed to (hello, hormones, didn’t you get the memo?) – is not fun. 

Being moody and knowing you can’t quite stop it? Not fun. 

Waking up constantly at night from being too hot, too cold, too hot again – all in the space of 15 minutes? Not fun. 

Bursting into tears in the shower and not being able to figure out why – was it the hockey scores? was it something someone said today and I can’t even remember what? was it that someone ate the last sugar cookie? oh no wait it can’t be that because Jeff never eats my damn cookies when I want him to. WHY WON’T HE EAT MY DAMN COOKIES?!!!! 

Um, yeah.  I’m just a boatload of fun to live with the last few days.  If I didn’t exercise, I might actually explode.  I am beyond thankful to have such an outlet for my stress.

P.S. Given how helpful my little mental squirrel has been, do you think I should stop telling the dogs to “go see who’s outside” when I see a squirrel trying to dig up a nut in the yard?

9 comments:

Elayne said...

Seems you're way too young to be having hot/cold flashes. I was having some health issues with hormones and started taking birth control pills a couple of years ago. It took about 3 weeks to get used to them but they've made a world of difference, at least for my issues. Something to think about if you're not already taking them. Might want to consider a thyroid test as well.

D said...

Well, it was a tough day at the office for the Sharks. Maybe it's NOT the hormones!

ShirleyPerly said...

Man, I know what you mean. Luckily, my hubby was 1000s of miles away when my last episode hit. Hopefully yours will pass soon!

Marit C-L said...

Hang in there Molly! Good vibes to you AND the "hormonies" as they say in 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'. Are you smiling? Because nothing makes me smile like that movie... :)

Michelle Simmons said...

I hear ya, Girlfriend! I totally remember burting out in tears for no reason at all and trying to explain it to my husband... luckily he is a very understanding man!
All I'll say is, don't get pregnant. ;)

Larissa said...

Have you had your levels checked lately? You might need to go on something supplemental :) I've heard good things about bio identical hormones http://www.womentowomen.com/bioidentical-hrt/bioidenticalhormones.aspx

Also taking your vitamins? i get moody when i don't take mine....Other then that remember to breathe Woooooosaaaaaaa

And i totally agree STUPID HORMONES why can't you behave huh? Seriously why am i crying while reading a book? Makes no sense its not even sad!

Kirstin said...

I was just at the doc's yesterday discussing the same issue. Saying I am too young to be having hot/cold flashes! Anywho, it ended up being thyroid issues.

Hang in there! Hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer Harrison said...

YES - I was "FIT TO BE TIED" earlier this week....and it has only gotten worse for Miss Daisy...so I HEAR You....thankfully "this too shall pass"......hang in there! :))

Jen said...

Ugh. I hear ya. Ugh.
Being a girl is hard work. :)