Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Honey, I’m Home!

“But you just left!”

After some serious food inhalation and ice bath therapy, I slept pretty well Sunday night.  This was a very good thing given the 48 hours that would follow!

Monday was a busy day of work, a quick open water swim in a nearby lake, and agility classes with both dogs (where, I might add, the World’s Most Brilliant Puppy rocked some new weave pole skills on his first try at distance work).  As soon as class was over at 8pm, I ran the dogs home and headed to San Francisco International Airport to catch the red-eye flight to Chicago.  You see, I had a business meeting there today but wasn’t willing to give up an extra day of training or 2 agility classes ($$$) to fly out mid-day.

Less than 4 hours after leaving SFO, I landed at O’Hare.  Let’s just say this was not conducive to much sleep!  I picked up a rental car and drove out to the suburbs to pick my boss up from her hotel and head to our meeting at corporate headquarters.  I got to her hotel early enough to nap in the back of the car for about an hour.  Already, the day was off to a good start.

Due to some interesting issues and complications that arose in our meeting, we missed breaking for lunch and worked straight through till 2pm when we had to head back to the airport.  At that point, all I’d eaten all day was an apricot.  My boss and I finally got our lunch, at O’Hare, at 4pm.

The absolute highlight of my day was tracking down the caramel apple shop from DC Rainmaker’s post last week.  My peanut-covered apple hit the spot.  The only thing that might have been better would have been a peanut-butter covered apple.  With chocolate drizzled on top.  I may have to try this now that I think of it…

2009_May19

4.5 hours back on the plane, with 2 soul-sucking seatmates who wanted to chat and ask endless personal questions, and I am home again and eagerly looking forward to a good night’s sleep in my own bed!

13 comments:

Missy said...

There is NOTHING like your own bed...plus hubs and dawgs but the bed is thee best.

What a time! One apricot, I may have fallen over right on the table.

Wes said...

LOL... If I had to survive all day on a stinkin apricot, I would DIE :-)

SWTrigal said...

Wow-quick trip! As for those soul sucking seat-mates on the plane,that is why God invented Ipods!

Runner Leana said...

Yesterday sounds brutal! I hear ya for not wanting to give up half a day of your life to just sit on a plane though. Mmm, those apples look delicious!

Runner Leana said...

And oh yeah, I'm with Wes...I don't think I could last until 4 pm on just one apricot.

Rainmaker said...

Ha! Awesome, glad you found it! It's going to become my new routine whenever I pass through ORD. :)

D said...

I have a rule: ipod comes out as soon as I'm seated. No Chatty Cathy's for me!

Sherry said...

OMG, Molly... what a day! I'm very impressed that you even managed to stand upright on just 1 apricot! Your body must have been SCREAMING at you! Wow!

Viv said...

OMG girl I have just been catchingand you have been putting down some serious mileage!! How exciting hang tight you are paving quite the road to IMAZ!

Viv said...

PS why am I craving caramel apples now?>!

ShirleyPerly said...

The only reason I actually enjoy going through IAD is to be able to get a jalopeno bagel from this bagel shop down in terminal C. Maybe two if I'd eaten only an apricot all day :-)

ShirleyPerly said...

Duh, I meant ORD, not IAD (that's Dulles)

Trishie said...

You must be EXHUASTED !