Monday, May 11, 2009

On a Good Note

I started my big training week off strong with a 1:45 bike/0:30 run brick.  Due to the craziness of Mondays (staff meeting at work, agility classes with both dogs, etc), there was only one option for getting the workout done.  I was up eating breakfast and walking the dogs at 5am and out on the road by 5:30.  It was the earliest and darkest I’ve ever been out riding and it felt great.  Between riding and running, I did nearly as much mileage this morning as all last week!

And for those who might be wondering, I have completed week one of No Alcohol Before Boise.  I had a few rough work days where I really wanted a beer with dinner but I decided it wasn’t truly worth it.  So, yay me!

5 comments:

Runner Leana said...

No alcohol...good job! Congrats on getting out there so early for your bike and run. Nice work!

Sherry said...

Way to go, Molly! I'm waaaaay too much of a chicken to ride in the dark... and there are too many q-tips around here that need to update their spectacle prescription. ;p

ADC said...

Great job on the booze front. And for an early training session.

TriGirl Kate O said...

Yay you!

Wes said...

Wha? No BEER?!?!? WTH? oh, that's right. Ironman training, Sir! :-) That will be the toughest mental training ever :-D