- Spring has FINALLY arrived in all its glory. Comfortable mid-high 70s and sunshine. I rode outdoors yesterday at 8am. With no arm or leg warmers on. And it. was. AWESOME. I am sure I doubly appreciate this after a rainy cold race weekend.
- My bike shop is still hard at work installing my Powertap. They have to build a new wheel and it is taking time to order the right parts. It will be fun to finally give it a try though!
- I ordered the ISM Adamo racing saddle today. Comment from the bike shop: “Um. That’s a really ugly saddle.” Yes, but if it’s comfy for me over the long haul, that’s all that really matters.
- I’ve been enjoying my rest week – easy swim, easy bike, easy run… Well, some of the fun ends tomorrow. I have…*dum*dum*dum* A Swim Test. Again. Aren’t I just so lucky?! And then next week I have my longest training week ever – THIS, I am excited about.
- Speaking of tomorrow, the beardie boys and I will be heading to Carson City for a USDAA agility trial. Running dogs and training at altitude – oh boy.
- Finally, RACE PHOTOS are here!!!!
First off, more proof that my 15-year-old sweatshirt gets around. She had just finished racing and she needed a dry layer of warmth. I’m starting to see it like the Geico eyeballs, turning up everywhere.
Pages and pages of photo skimming later, I found one of me in the swim. I spotted my blue goggles and red watch!
I must have been happy it was finally not raining?
I passed the guy in grey on the last stretch of trail and as I ran for the finish, everyone behind me was yelling at him “Don’t let her get away with that! You can catch her! Come on!” He didn’t catch me.