Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fueling Fun

I'll keep it simple.  I am madly in love with this cookbook.
It's been helping me add some variety to my diet again and the recipes are SO SIMPLE!  Just a handful of ingredients, no complicated preparation and so good for us athletes!

First I made the Pasta & Eggs.  Incredibly filling and delicious and full of vegetables.

On Sunday I made the sweet potato pancakes as my recovery meal after the long ride.

And I'm on my 2nd batch of Allen's Rice Cakes, which I've been using for part of my long ride nutrition, as well as pre- and post- workout.  Bacon makes everything better.
For the Puck fans...here he is modeling the Desert Endurance technical top my friend Jen sent me!
I've gotten all sorts of fun packages in the mail lately and more to come (hello, TrainingPeaks racing kit?).  I may have to do a post about all the fun stuff I get to use this year!

In the meantime, here's a great post that weds two of my favorite subjects - how hockey players are using TrainingPeaks to improve their performance!  The Frozen Four (collegiate championship tournament) starts tonight - soooooo exciting!!!!  If you are an existing TrainingPeaks user, check out all the new features that just went into effect today!  If you are not a TrainingPeaks user, WHY THE HECK NOT?!  Please go here and check it out.  Use discount code TPA14 for 15% off!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Puck looks great in the DE colors :)

Maggs said...

I love those rice cakes. I usually stuff one in my mouth before I swim in the AM. Or more recently as I'm sitting on the couch playing iPad games.

Kris said...

I definitely need to start cracking open my copy of that book!

Stef0115 said...

So Molly in your opinion will this book work for someone who hates to cook?

The pictures DO look delicious. :)

Molly said...

Yes!!! I totally don't cook but have been inspired by this book.

Elayne said...

Mmm,sweet potato pancakes sound good. I looked online and found a bunch of recipes.

I'm an appalling cook but I've been sautee-ing either kale or chard in olive oil with onions and mushrooms and sometimes some garlic then scrambling or frying some eggs. So good after a hard masters workout and so far I haven't set the kitchen on fire. At least not making that.

Unknown said...

Just picked up my copy yesterday and have already read the whole thing. First thing on my list to make is the rice cakes!! Glad to know you are liking them!

Bobbie said...

We have this book too!!! LOVE :)

Runner Leana said...

Thanks for the tip on the cookbook Molly! I need to check that out. Too bad it isn't available for download to a Kindle. :(

Stef0115 said...

I ordered it!!!!