Sunday, September 30, 2012

Downtime, in photos

I may be on a break from formal training but there is still a lot going on.  It's easier to show it with photos than write about it though.

I've been doing quite a bit of trail running.  It's relaxing and I see wildlife and I work on one of my big weaknesses, running steep hills!
 


I've enjoyed going out to ride with no firm agenda, just fun, and have been tackling a lot of hills there too.

Today my friend Sara and I did the Muddy Buddy run together.  We tried to make the most out of it and have a good time instead of worry about speeding through.  Other than the rocks that cut up my knees in the mud pit, it was a lot of fun!






In my "spare" time (haha), I'm taking a couple of classes (exercise physiology and nutrition for sports) through the local community college and getting straight As so far!

How is your off-season going?

3 comments:

Trishie said...

Beautiful photos !

Maggie said...

Great shots! Looks like the mudder was a lot of fun... though i don't know if I could stand being covered in that much grime!

Meera said...

Glad you are enjoying trail running. I find it so meditative! Muddy Buddy sounds like a blast! You look so happy and cute in all the pictures :)