More life-induced randomness…
* Long training days = chafing, bug-bites, heat rash, weird sores… Oh yeah, this stuff is fun. I need to make nice with the Aquaphor a little more.
* One of my good training buddies is waiting for potential job news today. FINGERS CROSSED FOR HER!!!
* I entered Stanley in his first dog show in over a year. It will be his first time out as a special (competing for Best of Breed, as a finished champion) since the 2008 National Specialty and it’ll be in Arizona during my taper. I hope we both remember what to do! Jen, I’ll give you the schedule when I know it!
* Jamba Juice – one of my favorite new things. Now that I’m really NOT SICK (the cold has mostly blown over), I can say that I drank a Coldbuster at Jamba Juice every day last week. And bought one on the way to work today. Their oatmeal is also divine.
* Pumpkin spice frappucino. I am so NOT a Starbucks girl as I don’t drink coffee but this is my month every year to go frequently for the pumpkin spice. I also like their sandwiches. Their fruit and cheese plate got me through a grueling day of spectating at IM AZ last year.
* Rest day today and it could not be better timed. Like 2 weeks ago after my long ride, I’m not sore and I’m feeling frisky (or maybe that’s all the caffeine off the frappucino?) but I know my body will be stronger for the rest.
* Those silly Chipotle bike shorts I picked up on a whim are the most comfy cycling shorts I've ever ridden in. No sore ass, even after 90+ miles. I just ordered 2 more pairs. Can't be wearing them out with no replacement this close to race day.
* I was asleep by 9:30 last night and did not get up until after 7 this morning. Excellent sleep after a hard training day! I did wake up at 3:45am feeling hungry though…
* I do want to write a longer blog post about this sometime soon, but I have to give a huge thanks to the whole support crew of friends who drag themselves out of bed before dawn to join me in training. Cranky sea lions, frigid temperatures, wind, and the promise of pain don’t keep these superstars away. So…THANK YOU!
Going to sleep before 10 absolutely ROCKS!!
So sorry I can't be one of those training buddies. Lots of sleep = good!
Pumpkin spice frappacinos and lattes are the bomb. The lattes are especially good after a long run on a cold morning.
I told the kids about the dog show. They are psyched to meet the puppies!
I (heart) going to sleep EARLY! Yea!
ahhhh... The Ironman training induced coma is such a good thing :-)
LMM! Keep up the good work - it is a rough road sometimes, BUT seriously, you are doing great and it will all be worth it!! YAY! :))
You do have the best friends. It always amazes me that they keep coming back for more torture. *g* I guess that speaks well of the type of friend YOU are too.
Congrats to all of you for commitment to the goal!
Sweet, thanks for reminding me to order more Chipotle shorts - I agree with you, they rock!
My eyes were immediately drawn to 'BIKE SHORTS' in this post! I feel a purchase coming on!! Thanks for posting about them!
Glad your cold is mostly out the door. Mine is on the way out too. Thanks goodness! Like you, I still have some more racing to do yet and there's no time to take 2 weeks off for a cold, ya know?
Keep up the amazing training... I wish we lived closer so that I could get out there with you. So excited for you... and yes, "Go, Stanley!!!!"
That is a great deal on cycling shorts. Glad they are working out so well and that you can get backups!
I also really like the pumpkin spice lattes, but the eggnog lattes are my absolute favourite!
Post a Comment