More life-induced randomness…
* Long training days = chafing, bug-bites, heat rash, weird sores… Oh yeah, this stuff is fun. I need to make nice with the Aquaphor a little more.
* One of my good training buddies is waiting for potential job news today. FINGERS CROSSED FOR HER!!!
* I entered Stanley in his first dog show in over a year. It will be his first time out as a special (competing for Best of Breed, as a finished champion) since the 2008 National Specialty and it’ll be in Arizona during my taper. I hope we both remember what to do! Jen, I’ll give you the schedule when I know it!
* Jamba Juice – one of my favorite new things. Now that I’m really NOT SICK (the cold has mostly blown over), I can say that I drank a Coldbuster at Jamba Juice every day last week. And bought one on the way to work today. Their oatmeal is also divine.
* Pumpkin spice frappucino. I am so NOT a Starbucks girl as I don’t drink coffee but this is my month every year to go frequently for the pumpkin spice. I also like their sandwiches. Their fruit and cheese plate got me through a grueling day of spectating at IM AZ last year.
* Rest day today and it could not be better timed. Like 2 weeks ago after my long ride, I’m not sore and I’m feeling frisky (or maybe that’s all the caffeine off the frappucino?) but I know my body will be stronger for the rest.
* Those silly Chipotle bike shorts I picked up on a whim are the most comfy cycling shorts I've ever ridden in. No sore ass, even after 90+ miles. I just ordered 2 more pairs. Can't be wearing them out with no replacement this close to race day.
* I was asleep by 9:30 last night and did not get up until after 7 this morning. Excellent sleep after a hard training day! I did wake up at 3:45am feeling hungry though…
* I do want to write a longer blog post about this sometime soon, but I have to give a huge thanks to the whole support crew of friends who drag themselves out of bed before dawn to join me in training. Cranky sea lions, frigid temperatures, wind, and the promise of pain don’t keep these superstars away. So…THANK YOU!