Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fun on 2 Wheels

Today I rode outside for only the 2nd time this year and the 1st time in over a month.  It was a little bit cold to start but if there's one thing I've learned about enthusiasm for workouts, it's this - fake it till you make it!
 One thing I DO love about long rides is the chance to see farm animals.  The baby cow was not as excited to see me as I was to see it.
 When all was said and done it was a great long ride day and one of my strongest rides in terms of keeping up with the guys that I've ever had (or in today's case, beating them up the climbs).  I'm pretty sure my brand new Betty Designs bike kit made me faster.
 Freshest recovery drink around!  Fresh coconut!
Jeff gave me a helmet cam for Christmas and I finally got to try it today.  There were some issues with mounting it on my helmet so I just pulled it out a couple times during the ride.  Video speed is accelerated so as not to bore my viewers but we were going about 9mph up the big climb and 25-30mph on the descent.


One more day - and 3 workouts - till rest week!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun pics Molly! And I love seeing the baby cows, makes me think that Spring is around the corner.

Stef0115 said...

Nice! I never thought about having a camera. Now I kind of want one.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Ok, first how cold was it cause you really don't look to have all that much for gear on. I think I've officially hit rock bottom of being an Arizonian.

Yesterday it was like maybe 45 (and sunny) to start. I had on tri shorts with tights over them. a Long sleeve undershirt. Short sleeve jersey on top. Arm warmers over them. And, I vest. I kept the vest on until I met some people a half an hour later and it was about 55degs. 60 when I finished and I kept all those other cloths on the whole time! OH, and toe warmers :)

To me, if it was cold. You were naked! lol

Christi said...

I love that kit! You look awesome!

I have had 4 out door rides and I'm going again today! Awesome! Romance

Meredith said...

I love that he got you helmet cam!

The Original MAJ said...

LOVE the pic! AND the kit!!

Sherry said...

That video was awesome! Dude... you passed so many people! Climber girl!

And... although my bike is collecting dust at the moment, I WANT that kit. I think I would actually consider riding if I HAD that kit!

Bobbie said...

iLoving the new cycling kit!

Wes said...

that's a lot of pink. no wonder the baby cow wasn't excited to see you ;-)