Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An Excuse They've Never Heard Before

Dood, the Ironman thing totally works for jury duty.

I got pulled into possible selection for a 2-month-long criminal case. One by one we had to explain why we couldn't do it (I really wouldn't have minded the trial but I can't do 2 months since I AM traveling). I told the judge the timing is an issue since I am leaving the area for nearly a month in 6 weeks (first Vineman, then heading to OR for agility and then Canada to show Stanley). He asked why and I said "Well, first I'm going to be racing in the Vineman Ironman 70.3..." - I've never seen lawyers heads swivel so fast. He asked if I race for prize money - I laughed and said "I wish." I got excused for duty!

I still have to make up this morning's swim since I had to be at the courthouse bright and early. I will be at the pool tomorrow to do just that. But I did squeeze in my bike ride from 8:30 to 10 last night so I'm not totally off track.

2 comments:

LadyPatsFan said...

Wow! I guess they figured you'd be too distracted, huh? Glad your training schedule is safe.

a.maria said...

that's fantastic. if i ever get called for jury duty, i'm using that!