I swore I didn’t need one, that I wouldn’t get one, that I had no interest…oh how I was mistaken. And I’m willing to admit it.
I wonder how I survived without it now. Suffice it to say, my iPhone is the best recent addition I’ve made to my technological life!
- I can check my email quickly and not have to wait wait wait for each browser page to load for each email as I did on my work Blackberry.
- I can check-in places on Facebook (though some who have to see my Facebook feed all day might disagree that this is a good thing).
- I can identify a new song that I’m hearing, buy it and download it all in one fell swoop. No more anxiously waiting for the radio to play it again and trying to guess who does it.
- GPS mapping to get me anywhere I’m going without packing a separate device.
- I can find the closest Starbucks to wherever I’m at, just in case I need a frappuccino fix.
- I can create, edit and upload home movies without my laptop computer and some fancy software.
- I can listen to podcasts while driving.
- I can Yelp from wherever I’m at to find whatever I’m looking for.
- When I stumble down the street in the dark walking the dogs at 4:45 am, I can use the Star Walk application to identify all the stars, planets and constellations in the sky. Even if it makes my neighbors think I’m photographing their houses.
- I can quickly look up gluten free menu items and ingredients when we eat out.
- I can watch my TV shows anytime, anywhere. I’m no longer tied to what Jeff is watching on our TV! I’ve been watching lots of shows on my trainer – the phone fits perfectly on my aerobars!
- Two words: Angry. Birds. Need I say more?
And now, that’s 2 blog posts in a week – I feel like I should throw myself a parade or something! :-) At least I am not the only one having difficulty finding time to blog.
It makes me wonder what on earth I did last time around (slack at work) but there’s no doubt this year: I am definitely training for Ironman.*
*most recently evidenced by my request to Jeff to pick me up baby wipes and Desitin at the grocery store**
**Get your minds out of the gutter. Baby wipes are the easiest way to clean up enough post-long-ride when you have to be in public and can’t go straight home to shower. Desitin…well…I may need it with all the upcoming time in the saddle I see on my schedule.
Oh my. I feel the same way about my phone. I have NO IDEA how I survived without it before. Although I haven't downloaded Angry Birds yet. I think that might be the end of me. :) Enjoy!
Talking Tom Cat:)
What took you so long!!
darn it, I don't' have one of those fancy phones. Maybe soon?? then I'll be coming back this post for sure!
I love my iphone! But I must be underusing it with everything you are using yours for :)
I can't believe you're just now getting an iPhone? I think I've gone through 3 of them now. Little tip- don't drop it in the toilet. ;) But yes- Shazam is the bomb! It's how I find all my music for my ipod playlists. :)
iphones stress me out!!!!
I'm pretty sure I'm the last hold out now! My grandma phone is oh so cool...
I just got one last week too, and I love it!! It feels like the secret love child of my iPod Touch and my non-smart phone.
Mwuahahaha! Another one converted! Go up stock, go up! ;)
I've found SoundHound works better for me than Shazam. And I know I'm so late to the party on this one, but am now totally addicted to Fruit Ninja.
I won't comment on the iPhone issue, as I'm an Android-type person....
....but DESITIN! That's a good idea!!! Off to the store now!
Absolutely agreed! At first, I was apprehensive about having a large phone with a glass screen -- I'm brutal to my phones -- but now I hardly go anywhere without it. My favorite apps are the same as yours, but I also love Motivational Poster and all the Scrabble-ish games out there.
Ha ha! You sound just like me about 4 months ago! No I am tethered to it like an IV.
and here I am thinking my $49.99 dollar phone was "all that" ;-)
I've had mine for a few weeks now and don't know why I waited so long. I also carry both it and my work bb everywhere but its worth it. And I'm already waiting for new Angry Birds episodes...
Post a Comment