Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dear Local Race Company

(please excuse this interruption into the Jamaica travel files)

You announced last year, with great fanfare, that you’d be adding a long course triathlon to your sprint and Olympic race weekend at Lake Almaden (3 miles from my house).

You reassured my aunt via email that you’d be posting it in late October.

You ignored my Facebook post asking about this rumored 1/2 IM that was to come and my plea to post info soon (already November).

You waited until a week after Vineman registration opened, thereby losing many interested parties.

And then you put up a snippet of details about your long course race…1 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 9 mile run?????? WTF?

Thanks, but no thanks.  This race is in the neighborhood I grew up in, and I know it would NOT be difficult to add another 4 miles on trails to that run.  I can’t imagine you will get much of a positive response to this, I just can’t.

Instead of a June 12th 1/2 IM, I’ll be doing an Olympic.  And that’s just fine – the year will be big enough without adding more volume early.  But you lost out on a lot of interest and excitement with your cheap shortening of the course by 4.3 miles.

2 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

Hmm...that's odd:( Ok back to fun now, molly:)

Wes said...

exact reason why I didn't go down to Florida for a Fall Half-IM-ish race... Short changed!